Age of History 3
princedemchugdongrub

Occupation in Map Editor

2 hours ago, princedemchugdongrub said:

If I wanted to create a scenario in Mid WW2, let's say 1942, I would want to make it that instead of Germany owning all of its occupation in the USSR or Japan in China.

You edit that in scenarios. If you need a new map, select "Create A Scenario". If you want to just change the borders of a scenario, select that and save the scenario with a different name.

I tried setting occupation zones using events for my "WW2 August 1st, 1943" scenario. All armies in newly occupied provinces, like the German army in Russia, disappeared only to become visible again when you click on the army's province. I also saw a British army that entered occupied France just after it became occupied simply freeze, able to stand together with my German army in a German-held province, not moving nor fighting. This idea would definitely help that.

We need better AI for occupied provinces before this idea does well for a WW2 scenario, though. I saw that when France and the Benelux was occupied, German AI in my scenario would divert all its army there to the east to fight the Soviets, and those occupations would be liberated in 5-6 turns by some Allied armies with zero resistance. I believe the issue is that the AI doesn't take nearby possible amphibious invaders into consideration and abandons its occupation when there is no enemy province directly bordering the occupation.

It might be the same case for when the territory remains annexed, but Germany does put up a fight when the Allies arrive and manages to thwart one or two invasions before the landings become too overwhelming.

Edited by Kemalakkus