Age of History 3
Zachyllo

Leader mechanics

Monarchy and City-state

After the starting moment of a scenario, the leader ages and then has children, which can be historical, or not. If historical, it could be taken from the wikipedia, if not — from a bank of specific nation's names, which fit in. 

Apart from that, throne could be inherited based on the primogeniture (or else) law. So that the monarch has a pool of kids, from which, using an algorithm, a future leader is chosen. Player can also host a coup, establishing a tyrant or someone else as the monarch, and... it may possibly be a leader of another country, although, in that way, a formed dual monarchy still needs to be united either through diplomacy, or through war.

Democracy

In democracy (and republic) government type, a leader is chosen via election. It can also be historical or not, much like the monarchy, expect the inheritance part.

Player could also host a coup, establishing a tyrant or someone else in office, changing the government type in process (if a leader has certain ideology as the basis for coup). It may be also possible to host a quasi-democracy.

Tribal

Very much like monarchy, but downgraded. 

Edited by Zachyllo

2 minutes ago, Checkmate said:

Mhm
(here's an example)
Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Jackson are both leaders I have, I make a scenario where andrew jackson is president, lincoln still appears :L

The same happened with me when I was making the 1836 scenario, we should be able to change our leaders, to avoid situations like having Putin leading the Russian Empire in 1914.

Just now, Chexier said:

The same happened with me when I was making the 1836 scenario, we should be able to change our leaders, to avoid situations like having Putin leading the Russian Empire in 1914.

Or merkel ruling east germany lmao