Age of History 3
Pirsicola Tortellini

How to add a flag to your custom nation

step 1a: Look up the flag and download it

step 1b: If it isn't a .png file the convert it to .png, for this I use Png Converter https://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-png

step 2: copy and shrink it, for this I use Simple Image Resizer http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/upload, shrink one by 68 x 44, shrink the other by 27 x 18

step 3:find  the file of your civ Age of Civilizations II\game\civilizations_editor for example I'll Use 1547839950616ksqsovfa, to see if it is the one go on it and go to 1547839950616ksqsovfa_NV to see the name

step 4: find the two files named 1547839950616ksqsovfa_FL and 1547839950616ksqsovfa_FLH

step 5: rename your two shrunken flags as them, 27x18 1547839950616ksqsovfa_FL, 68x44 1547839950616ksqsovfa_FLH

step 5: replace the flags already in there with the dowloaded ones

That's It

47.PNG

Edited by Pirsicola Tortellini

I'm not great with computers. Can you explain step 3 like your talking to a toddler?

Edit: Nevermind I got it. I'm so proud of myself

Edited by Venboven

and what i need to make to the flag appear in the game, its just appearing a question mark

*sorry for the english*

On 12/20/2019 at 4:50 AM, Pirsicola Tortellini said:

An easier way to resize/ convert the image type is using paint.net. That's the method I use now and it seams more efficient

me too

I don't think this works for me. I tried to make a flag for my union between Poland, Kraków and Prussia (1200 timeline) since the standard ones suck, I did everything the tutorial told me do, but there's a big, pixelated question mark for the flag. I thought it's also worth noting that I'm using MEGAMOD.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, wolffish said:

How do I "replace" the files? Please help, I might just be dumb but I need help.

You copy their names put it on your file and then paste them there where they are, it'll ask you to overwrite those files and you click on yes

On 11/10/2023 at 6:19 PM, InsertInnapropiate said:

I don't think this works for me. I tried to make a flag for my union between Poland, Kraków and Prussia (1200 timeline) since the standard ones suck, I did everything the tutorial told me do, but there's a big, pixelated question mark for the flag. I thought it's also worth noting that I'm using MEGAMOD.

as long as its a .PNG file and you shrunk the images to the correct size it should work.

if you don't the game trips out and acts like the file is corrupted, hence the question mark.

You've presented this information in this forum remarkably well. The content is both engaging and clear, and I’m excited to read more of your work. Thank you for sharing this informative substantial content. Plush Toys

On 11/10/2023 at 9:19 PM, InsertInnapropiate said:

Megamod uses a different resolution 140x93