Age of History 3
fjhfjhfhfhf

Resources, trade and a sophisticated economy ( AOH3 Idea )

In the current version of the game, resources are only human and economic resources. Also diplomacy and steps points.
In my opinion, this is too simple a resource system that needs not only processing, but complete creation a newer, more interesting and most importantly expanded system of resources and economy.

The first aspect I would like to touch upon is the above-mentioned resources. I don’t want to “discover America,” but it would be nice to do
a resource extraction system, a separate map and the creation of industry, the industry of which is determined by province,
to which resources are tied. For example, coal, iron, tungsten, gold, silk and various dishes, leather (this is if we touch on the era of great geographical discoveries or modern times).
If the game also includes later stages of history, such as the 17th-21st centuries, then the list of resources should be significantly huge, but to prevent countries from mining uranium in the Middle Ages, it would be nice to create a research system, something like in EU4.
If there are resources, then they need to be extracted. Therefore, for example, mines for certain resources are appropriate for different eras. Along with mining comes processing, which means that in the province it is also possible to build a plant that will process this resource and put it up for sale, for example, steel mills. As for the types of industry that will depend on the extraction of resources, it will depend on raw materials, and if there are no raw materials, then there is no industry. This means that the factory will not be able to feed the province, and the economic power of the country will be noticeably lower.
I smoothly move on to the topic of economics. It can be implemented in different ways. In the second part, it is mainly about distributing money to other civilizations, which they then spend on their needs. But this can also be reworked and, in addition to issuing money, it can be made so that it is a debt that the country must then repay, in other words, as a loan. In addition, I touch on the topic of factories and other building sectors, it can also be done as a credit system, where country A builds, for example, a textile factory in country B and country A receives from this influence on country B, and country B has one more factory. That is, this is already an investment system where, with enormous influence, it will be possible to control the country (as a vassal, but it will not be a vassal, but a country that will not be able to refuse any trade transactions).
Moving on to trade, I have already touched on it more than once, but the concept is that, in essence, it will be possible to change the policy of trade with countries (priority to export or import, closed or open economy), where it will be possible to introduce an embargo on the country, if, for example, it is not for you like. If, for example, country A has more influence on country B than others, then country B will trade more with country A. It will be possible to enter a map of the influence of a certain country on others, where the brightest color is a huge influence, and the dark color is low or no influence. It will be displayed as a percentage in a separate table where, in addition to country A, there will be other countries that influence the economy of country B. For scenarios of the modern era 18-21, the mechanics of global spheres of influence will be appropriate, where, for example, great powers have more buffs to influence weaker ones. When taking into account the weak economy, the buff from the status of a great power becomes a debuff, in which tension in the country will increase, and along with it, uprisings. The tax system will also be the main element of the economy, which, with reasonable calculations, will keep the economy growing and not stagnating. And if taxes are high, then there will be empty factories, mines and other enterprises, and a deep economic crisis will follow.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:07 PM, fjhfjhfhfhf said:

In the current version of the game, resources are only human and economic resources. Also diplomacy and steps points.
In my opinion, this is too simple a resource system that needs not only processing, but complete creation a newer, more interesting and most importantly expanded system of resources and economy.

The first aspect I would like to touch upon is the above-mentioned resources. I don’t want to “discover America,” but it would be nice to do
a resource extraction system, a separate map and the creation of industry, the industry of which is determined by province,
to which resources are tied. For example, coal, iron, tungsten, gold, silk and various dishes, leather (this is if we touch on the era of great geographical discoveries or modern times).
If the game also includes later stages of history, such as the 17th-21st centuries, then the list of resources should be significantly huge, but to prevent countries from mining uranium in the Middle Ages, it would be nice to create a research system, something like in EU4.
If there are resources, then they need to be extracted. Therefore, for example, mines for certain resources are appropriate for different eras. Along with mining comes processing, which means that in the province it is also possible to build a plant that will process this resource and put it up for sale, for example, steel mills. As for the types of industry that will depend on the extraction of resources, it will depend on raw materials, and if there are no raw materials, then there is no industry. This means that the factory will not be able to feed the province, and the economic power of the country will be noticeably lower.
I smoothly move on to the topic of economics. It can be implemented in different ways. In the second part, it is mainly about distributing money to other civilizations, which they then spend on their needs. But this can also be reworked and, in addition to issuing money, it can be made so that it is a debt that the country must then repay, in other words, as a loan. In addition, I touch on the topic of factories and other building sectors, it can also be done as a credit system, where country A builds, for example, a textile factory in country B and country A receives from this influence on country B, and country B has one more factory. That is, this is already an investment system where, with enormous influence, it will be possible to control the country (as a vassal, but it will not be a vassal, but a country that will not be able to refuse any trade transactions).
Moving on to trade, I have already touched on it more than once, but the concept is that, in essence, it will be possible to change the policy of trade with countries (priority to export or import, closed or open economy), where it will be possible to introduce an embargo on the country, if, for example, it is not for you like. If, for example, country A has more influence on country B than others, then country B will trade more with country A. It will be possible to enter a map of the influence of a certain country on others, where the brightest color is a huge influence, and the dark color is low or no influence. It will be displayed as a percentage in a separate table where, in addition to country A, there will be other countries that influence the economy of country B. For scenarios of the modern era 18-21, the mechanics of global spheres of influence will be appropriate, where, for example, great powers have more buffs to influence weaker ones. When taking into account the weak economy, the buff from the status of a great power becomes a debuff, in which tension in the country will increase, and along with it, uprisings. The tax system will also be the main element of the economy, which, with reasonable calculations, will keep the economy growing and not stagnating. And if taxes are high, then there will be empty factories, mines and other enterprises, and a deep economic crisis will follow.

cool

Yeah, I agree, there should be more depth put into resources and a greater system when it comes to expanding agriculture and industry, I think there should be a technology tree that affects the rate of development in the economy and resource output, as well as research in harvesting new types of resources as time goes on. For example, In the earlier stages of the military tech tree, there could be a crossbows innovation in the 13th century that can be researched, and over time, that can turn into hand cannons  in the 16th century, and then muskets in the 17th century, and then other types of weapons that branch out. For resources, stone can be extracted at the time of the stone age, and then bronze can be extracted in the bronze age, and then iron in the iron age; steel can be manufactured later on. 

Trading would be a great feature too, causing trade dependent economies or forceful trades could be cool too. Every province could specialize in a certain production of metals or agriculture. Oil could be an important resource in the 19th - 21st centuries and could provide fuel for heavy vehicles and machinery. 

Some territories should be built for more agricultural, simple raw materials, some should be industrial and have more advanced metals. All resources can be put into either 1. armies, 2. infrastructure, 3. supplies, 4. other stuff. 

I definitely agree on your trade policy ideas. 

Edited by Imperial_Burger

7 hours ago, Imperial_Burger said:

Yeah, I agree, there should be more depth put into resources and a greater system when it comes to expanding agriculture and industry, I think there should be a technology tree that affects the rate of development in the economy and resource output, as well as research in harvesting new types of resources as time goes on. For example, In the earlier stages of the military tech tree, there could be a crossbows innovation in the 13th century that can be researched, and over time, that can turn into hand cannons  in the 16th century, and then muskets in the 17th century, and then other types of weapons that branch out. For resources, stone can be extracted at the time of the stone age, and then bronze can be extracted in the bronze age, and then iron in the iron age; steel can be manufactured later on. 

Trading would be a great feature too, causing trade dependent economies or forceful trades could be cool too. Every province could specialize in a certain production of metals or agriculture. Oil could be an important resource in the 19th - 21st centuries and could provide fuel for heavy vehicles and machinery. 

Some territories should be built for more agricultural, simple raw materials, some should be industrial and have more advanced metals. All resources can be put into either 1. armies, 2. infrastructure, 3. supplies, 4. other stuff. 

I definitely agree on your trade policy ideas. 

agree

On 11/5/2023 at 10:07 PM, fjhfjhfhfhf said:

@Łukasz Jakowski

11 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

being a leading producer of resource will provide a special bonus

What happens if you run out of resources/dont have any? Are there gonna be buildings to produce those resources?

On 12/5/2023 at 3:41 AM, Łukasz Jakowski said:

being a leading producer of resource will provide a special bonus

How could we get certain ressource ? , like silk , spice and other ? like do we need to conquer the province or colony could provide them and for the rp of venise and genoa or other trade republic that would not exist ?