Age of History 3
LambdaCore

PLEASE ADD MULTIPLAYER OR COOP

21 minutes ago, LambdaCore said:

please add multiplayer, players would do the things they want in a single tour and skip when everyone is ready

1. Lukas does not have money for a server room for the multiplayer game aoh3.
2. It was almost impossible for one developer.
3. Even if Lukas adds multiplayer, I will introduce you to the "little bug" that can cause your computer to crash when trying to connect online in aoh3.
4. I guess I haven't seen many of them asking to add multiplayer to aoh3 ideas even though I'm not active.

my opinion: wait for aoh4 with multiplayer in 2042 🙂

4 minutes ago, BySpringBonnie76 said:

3. Even if Lukas adds multiplayer, I will introduce you to the "little bug" that can cause your computer to crash when trying to connect online in aoh3.
4. I guess I haven't seen many of them asking to add multiplayer to aoh3 ideas even though I'm not active.

hah lol, but we can make our local mp servers? and also yeah its a little impossible but help from community maybe will make it possible. Bugfixes?

17 minutes ago, BySpringBonnie76 said:

Not exactly true. In fact, Multiplayer doesn't require any servers. HOI4 has no servers for example. Potential Server would be run by server host, not Jakowski, just like it works in many games like Paradox games or minecraft.

1 minute ago, Redguy325 said:

Not exactly true. In fact, Multiplayer doesn't require any servers. HOI4 has no servers for example. Potential Server would be run by server host, not Jakowski, just like it works in many games like Paradox games or minecraft.

oh, i just did think that this require. thanks for the knowledge.

AoC2 does actually have rudimentary multiplayer. I've played MP games before and they're interesting. However, I feel that 3 will likely contain multiplayer as the transition from turn based to a more pdx style system allows for multiplayer to be implemented much more easily. As Redguy pointed out, you don't have to have a central server to host mps: for example, Victoria 2's servers have been shut down for years but many (including myself) host mp games themselves using Hamachi.