Age of History 3
Metzger

a more complex economic system, with GDP, trade and growth rates, inflation and recession for the game

so ive  played aoh2 a lot and one of the things i realize is that the economy is too plain and simple, it only has taxation, investment and inflation which are very easy to deal with. sometimes you just want to play as a country and make it rich, stable and the people happy but the low complexity of the economy system prevents that
my idea is:
focus on the economy - the player could decide if the economy (factories, manpower, etc) is allocated to trade, production of goods for the population or if it is allocated to the production of the state, war economy. i think you need a system of resources, military/civil factories and production for this to work

economic growth and recession - this is the most interesting one. a system of annual GDP, growth rate, inflation rate would depend on trade, taxation, functional factories and population. for example, if the player raises the tax rate to a high level the country could lose its civil factories, production, have inflation and recession which would affect GDP and happiness.
poverty and immigration - if the population is poor and unhappy, the country would lose people through immigration and if it were very rich, it would attract immigrants. poverty increases or decreases according to the player's decisions.

i don't know anything about coding, I'm just saying what i think would be cool. this would make the game more than just painting maps, a new way of playing would exist, a peaceful, diplomatic, commercial way, a way of playing in which the population is a living part and not just random numbers