Age of History 3
桑榆不是鱼

I need modding convenience.

I would like to have access to the same editing system as the paradox games.
I can write event effects directly in josn format files. It's faster than choosing within the game. I would like to have full language logic such as "if, else_if,else,any_province,every_province,limit" etc. so that I can write event trigger logic and effects more easily, and also have the same events triggered when have different effects when triggered because of some differences in conditions.
We need events, but we also need journal entries and resolutions. Resolutions can be actively triggered when we fulfill a condition, and the journal will tell us when it's done, and if it's not done, it will have other effects. We can make the state policy tree from the journal, which can contain resolutions, and you can add special resolutions to the journal so that it can be displayed on the journal page for selection.
We need as many diy fixes and words as possible to try and make all game data modifiable. Make it so that we can accomplish enough things through events so that we can create mods that are more immersive.
Also we need authors to be able to set up their own VALUES and dynamically disable certain features via VALUES. For example, I need a certain country to not be able to perform the action of declaring war until a certain log is completed. Then I can add "root = { set_value = no_war }" to the startup, and then add "NOT = { has_vari }" to the "feasibility" in the code for the war action. variable = no_war }" in the code for the war operation and then add "NOT = { has_value = no_war }" to the "feasibility" of the code for the war operation. For example, a country that is anti-science can't build a university, a piece of land can't be corected. mod authors also need counters to determine if an event is complete or not, and in the past we often needed to set up a country that counted through its tech and adjusted it with events. We need to we can just set "set_value = { name = event_number value = 1 }" and then judge the value to determine if the log is complete or if the resolution can be used.
Cultural system's are necessary, we need real cultural populations, not populations that belong to a certain country alone. For example Taiwan and China are both Han Chinese, North and South Korea are both Korean, Germany and Austria are German. You get less penalties for controlling a land with the same ethnicity. Set assimilation to be harsher, no random assimilation allowed, but you can build cores. Stability is no longer determined solely on ethnic population, but has a more detailed system.
Maybe add a "state" administrative unit on top of a province, where the trade capacity of the province is calculated and some state-specific policies are applied. And events can be triggered to provinces directly by reading the state instead of having to select a province.