Age of History 3
Barbaris

Autonomy in age of history 3

So, my idea is that the states in aoh 3 can be federalized. This can be done by allocating autonomy from one or more provinces. Autonomy is like a vassal, but very limited in rights. And yes, the territories of autonomy are still your territories, autonomy is not a separate country. She has no foreign policy. It is displayed on the map in the color of your country, but it has a border with you (the border is only visual, in order to sort of distinguish the autonomy from the rest of the provinces).
 What can autonomy do?: she sets the taxation herself. Also, in the autonomy, you can appoint advisers who have influence only on the autonomy, the main advisers (those whom you have appointed throughout the state) will not influence the autonomy. I do not know how the internal policy will be implemented (the video that has not yet been released "Laws and Reforms" gives hope for internal policy), but it may also differ in autonomy.
 Why is this necessary? I do not know how the mechanics of religions and nations will be implemented in the game (if there are any nations at all). But if you have an unstable region, then you can take its provinces and allocate autonomy. Then the probability of an uprising will decrease significantly (maybe even to 0, we need to think about it). This will be especially useful after the war. There will also be more need for autonomies if the game is such that if you have one religion in your country and another in some territories, then these regions will be unstable and there will always be an increased risk of rebellion in them and in the event of a crisis they will separate first. Then we can allocate autonomy and these regions will be just as stable. 
 Risks associated with autonomies: despite the stability of autonomies, they can dramatically cause separatism or even the collapse of the country. This can happen during a political crisis. For example, if a country has been fighting for a long time and suffers heavy losses, the autonomy may declare independence. Or if a country loses a war, its territories are captured by the enemy, then autonomy can also secede. This can also happen during a change of leader / death of a leader with some probability. This can happen with a change of ideology or during a civil war. And finally, if you try to deprive the autonomy of this legal status and make it an ordinary province. Moreover, the less time has passed since the creation of autonomy, the higher the risk of an uprising and the lower the stability if you do it. This can be done safely only after a large amount of time (20 years for example).
From vassal to autonomy. The idea is that you can make autonomy out of a vassal under certain conditions (I have not decided under what conditions, probably this is a good relationship or if you have built up his territories and invested in them). This is a good option to expand peacefully.
P.S. Phew, I've written a lot. I wrote with the help of a translator, so I'm sorry if there are inaccuracies in the text. I hope someone will appreciate and give criticism or suggestions. I hope Lukasz will add at least some of this, but if you plan to make a mod for aoh 3, then pay attention to this idea😜