Age of History 3
muhoaga

Things that will not be in the game (Trade, Sea and Air) and beyond.

Please ask for things that will actually be useful in the game. It really annoys and frustrates me when some followers suggest pointless and absurd things related to ideology and democratic elections. I strongly believe that there should be many changes in the war system in the game, as the tactics and strategies have changed significantly since the Napoleonic Wars in the 1800s. Additionally, there must definitely be a trading system, naval units, and air warfare in the game. Based on the last video, I think colonization needs to be completely changed or have different types.

For explorations and later colonization, my suggestion is that when the technology is unlocked, a adventurer appointed by the leader (you) should embark on a journey, and we should cover all the expenses for their adventure. Our goal could be to discover new territories, establish new trade routes, or find India, for example. This event should progress semi-narratively, and it should not only depend on unlocking the technology. For instance, if the ocean currents are not too strong and there is a smooth passage through Lisbon, Portugal in April, maybe you can discover Cuba and explore new territories. Or by discovering Cape Town with Spain, you can explore the entire coast of Africa.

There should definitely be sea pirates and raiders in the game, as they can greatly affect the profitability of sea trade and our coastal areas.

The game should definitely have an air layer, with fighter planes and bombers. They should not be limited to support units. Without aircraft in the air layer, we won't be able to see scenarios where London is bombed and destroyed by the Germans.

There should be naval units and trading.

Let me prove this by talking about the World War II. Won't there be naval battles in the Pacific? Won't there be German submarines or the British fleet? Won't there be Venetian trade ship fleets in the Mediterranean? Phoenician navy? I mean, ignoring this fact when history is so dependent on the seas is definitely illogical.

There is absolutely no need for extra ideologies or real democratic elections in the game. What the game needs are the things I mentioned above. If you think that ideologies would make something nice, you are mistaken.

Using planes as support for land units would be illogical. There should also be trade.

We should not forget that trade, naval units, colonization, raiders-terrorists, and units are all interconnected and will add tremendous variety to the game. 

Please, Lukasz, instead of adding absurd things like ideologies or democratic elections, do not forget that these are the things you need to add for Age of History 3 to be a groundbreaking game.

And yes, I am the opposition leader among Age of History fans here, haha ;D

Trade would take a massive effort to implement. He'd have to create trade nodes, trade centers and new mathematics to account for that, but since he said that there will be resources on each provinces i'm curious to how it'll be like. And even then it would lend some scenarios to be ilogical, since trade in the 1500s and in the 1900s are wildly different beasts.

Edited by LuxVinni

In my opinion planes are useless. If somebody wants to play WW2 game he sholud play Hearts of Iron. Fortunately Age of History is not only about WW2. It is a waste of author's time to add special aircraft system. I think ships are much more important but also not necessary 

Edited by Rodak Polak

17 minutes ago, Rodak Polak said:

Bana göre uçaklar işe yaramaz. Birisi 2. Dünya Savaşı oyunu oynamak istiyorsa Hearts of Iron oynamalı. Neyse ki Age of History sadece 2. Dünya Savaşı ile ilgili değil. Özel uçak sistemi eklemek yazarın zaman kaybıdır. Bence gemiler çok daha önemli ama aynı zamanda gerekli de değil 

Actually, airplanes are not useless, they now play the most important roles in warfare.

In the game, it should be as it has been in the last century. After all, airplanes were invented in the last century and their impact is still significant. Adding them as a separate unit in the support section will not cause much harm in the game.

Furthermore, navies have always changed world history. Honestly, it seems a bit strange to say otherwise, my friend. I think it is definitely necessary, even if the air units are not separate units, the most important thing is the navy.

7 minutes ago, muhoaga said:

Actually, airplanes are not useless, they now play the most important roles in warfare.

In the game, it should be as it has been in the last century. After all, airplanes were invented in the last century and their impact is still significant. Adding them as a separate unit in the support section will not cause much harm in the game.

Furthermore, navies have always changed world history. Honestly, it seems a bit strange to say otherwise, my friend. I think it is definitely necessary, even if the air units are not separate units, the most important thing is the navy.

Of course you are right. I just want to play this game as soon as it possible and i'm scared that adding more extensive airplanes will significantly slow down the progress in work on the game. I'm just too impatient for it

6 minutes ago, Rodak Polak said:

Of course you are right. I just want to play this game as soon as it possible and i'm scared that adding more extensive airplanes will significantly slow down the progress in work on the game. I'm just too impatient for it

We have been waiting for more than 4 years for the confirmation of the release of Age of History 3.

In my opinion, it would be better for Age of History 3 to be released in its best version. I can wait for more than a year for its release.