Age of History 3
Mr. Rufus

My honest opinion on Aoh3

Look, I think that the game has some nice new ideas and stuff like laws and reforms sounds cool and everything but some things like unions, ultimatums, and other stuff not being shown up is beyond ridiculous and completely unrealistic as stuff like unions is an important thing and the fact that's not being shown up in a strategy game is just shit. At this point, I think that most people in the fandom are just hoping for Aoh3 to be much more realistic than its predecessors so stuff like random bonuses, no personal unions, and as of now a far too simplistic colonization style which is still having new ideas are pretty meh, as of now my opinion for this game has gone from excited to now kind of disappointed but if the creator of this game wants to run things his way then who am I to judge about it? But I cannot deny that this game still has potential to become amazing.

Unions have been exploited since their introduction. Things like china and Mongolia creating a union making the player (Mongolia) suddenly rule all of china without ANY wars. It's just a bad mechanic. 

Unions don't exist in EU4 as well and just exist by certain historical events (denmark-norway for example). Same goes for ultimatums. 

I understand the Union part but an ultimatum is stopping that could have been turned into something complex and at least make it stand out a little from EU4 so if for example. I also think that unions in the games themselves aren't that exploited since they have a rare chance of actually happening in the game i know where you're going from when you use events or something

In my opinion ultimiunms should be in the game who else would Germany or any country issue a ultimatum for a specfic regions or provinces 

Just now, xox said:

In my opinion ultimiunms should be in the game who else would Germany or any country issue a ultimatum for a specfic regions or provinces 

Perhaps that's not a issue tho since it can still be done thru events and then random chance of occuring that the ai accept such a deal or no so maybe it isn't a issue 

If CK3 ruler system will be realised, so one monarch can sit on the throne of two monarchies. This way would be the most realistic of creating unions. 
Ultimatums would be useful with something like casus belli. So you can demand what belongs to you with having an army. 

I also forgot to mention the part about trading resources being super lame but what null and xox said doesn't actually sound bad now that I look back at it

Ultimatums were also widely exploited by the player. Situations like a very powerful country (russia) being able to easily send ultimatums to random small African and south American countries and get all of them without any consequences 

Historically Germany had to convince many great powers like france and Britain to annex Austria. Maybe if he reworks the system so that it has more severe penalities (like other great powers going to war with you if you annex that nation) it could be a good mechanic. Although it seems he doesn't wanna do that.