Age of History 3
rimphysi

the easiest way to add navy(final versions)

!The easiest way to add a navy!

1. Increase the battle lines from 3 to 4.

-Vanguard

-wire

-side

-support

2. Naval units can only be produced in states with ports.

3. Those containing naval units are always programmed to be able to move only in states where the terrain is sea or there is a port.

-This will be easier than the naval function in hearth of iron4

4. Gives a debuff to units other than the vanguard in the sea terrain, necessitating the need for a vanguard ex) -95% debuff

5. Addition of a technology tree suitable for the Navy

6.AI does not cross the sea without a vanguard.

7. On land, the Navy gets a debuff ex) -95%

8. Make a vanguard separation button.

------------

With this simple method, even manufacturers can easily create a navy. If there is no navy, the importance of the navy in history is being ignored, and the fun aspect of the game will be somewhat lowered, which will affect the game's success.

1 hour ago, rimphysi said:

!The easiest way to add a navy!

1. Increase the battle lines from 3 to 4.

-Vanguard

-wire

-side

-support

2. Naval units can only be produced in states with ports.

3. Those containing naval units are always programmed to be able to move only in states where the terrain is sea or there is a port.

-This will be easier than the naval function in hearth of iron4

4. Gives a debuff to units other than the vanguard in the sea terrain, necessitating the need for a vanguard ex) -95% debuff

5. Addition of a technology tree suitable for the Navy

6.AI does not cross the sea without a vanguard.

7. On land, the Navy gets a debuff ex) -95%

8. Make a vanguard separation button.

------------

With this simple method, even manufacturers can easily create a navy. If there is no navy, the importance of the navy in history is being ignored, and the fun aspect of the game will be somewhat lowered, which will affect the game's success.

what even use is for the Navy? when most countries are on land and not most of the countries don't even need a navy (Cause they are on land) but literally the only feature is only moving on water I literally see no use in the navy 

Edited by Unity

Historically, the Navy is important. The country that dominates the seas controls world hegemony. First of all, naval power has other military impacts in addition to the impact on trade. I left the following opinion to eliminate the option of attacking a country beyond the sea if it cannot dominate the sea. Think about it: when Rome achieved world hegemony, why couldn't the Nazis or France attack Britain? Why did Russia want a floating port? The navy is absolutely essential to the game.

I made the following suggestion in the hope that the creator would make a simpler navy. Honestly, I could just play another pardox game, but I enjoyed this game when I was young, so I hope this game becomes a real game.

Without navy game will super simple, conquest too easy and unrealistic. States with powerfull armies will capture more small states throght the ocean. 🫠

1 minute ago, rimphysi said:

그건 알지만 우리는 해군을 원해요....

because navy has mass roles in history, so it makes game real game

Acho uma boa ideia adicionar uma marinha no jogo, e além da marinha, seria bom separar os aviões das tropas terrestres pois é irreal a infantaria por exemplo, abater os aviões, os aviões tem de ser separados, e eles podem ter a função de fazer bombardeios e lançar bombas nucleares

2 hours ago, qxz said:

If Lukasz does not want navy to be in the game, there is probably a good reason why. 

Reason is ....

no sayed yet

we can't rate it, is it good or bad 

just keep waiting until game release and maybe after.

we will get ...

cock..

4 hours ago, Alexey Navalny said:

이유는....

아직 말하지 않았어

평가할 수 없어, 좋은지 나쁜지 

게임이 출시될 때까지, 어쩌면 그 이후에도 계속 기다리세요.

우리는 얻을 것이다 ...

수탉..

I agreed 

One thing though, i think navy should be limited based on what age and type of navy you have, example: least advanced ships travel limited amounts of provinces (to prevent America being discovered in 90 BC, making more advanced ships locked behind the age of discovery VITAL) and i think there should be 2 types of naval units

1: Navy (For Military And Conquest)
2: Civilian Ships ( These Include Trade Ships, Settler Ships Etc..) 

The First type should be easy to make if he follows your steps, the second one can come in a later update where he expands economy (by adding trading resources etc) and the second type will constantly move transporting goods, while trade ships could carry less people but move faster and farther, they will travel on sea trade routes, these routes can be controlled by one naval superpower to ensure only they can use it, and if it cannot defend it pirates will start to raid civilian ships but you would need to control a strait/canal (like Gibraltar or Suez in modern period) which will solve the random countries colonizing the Americas issue while keeping the current system Lukasz came up with (with balancing of course)

On 25.02.2024 at 07:32, Unity said:

Donanmanın ne faydası var ki? çoğu ülke karadayken ve çoğu ülkenin bir donanmaya ihtiyacı bile yok (Çünkü karadalar) ama kelimenin tam anlamıyla tek özellik sadece su üzerinde hareket etmek Donanmanın tam anlamıyla hiçbir faydasını görmüyorum 

If you think that there are more landlocked states than states with access to the sea, you are mistaken. Countries that have access to the sea or a large lake are even more important. Also, if you think that naval units are only present in seas and oceans, you are also mistaken.

Throughout world history, many battles have taken place on the water and have changed the fate of the world. The greatest example is the Mongol invasions of Japan, where the lack of advanced naval forces and knowledge resulted in the sinking of ships headed towards Japan.

Moreover, during World War II, many German U-boats passed through the Tuna River to reach the Black Sea. Countries like Kazakhstan have navies in the Caspian Sea, and the Russians can transfer their naval forces in this area to the Black Sea via a canal.

Not only that, but there have also been naval battles on rivers and naval invasions. City-states such as Venice and Genoa dominated the Mediterranean with their galleys. Without naval forces in the game, these states would be almost powerless, and strategically important locations like Malta, Crete, and Cyprus would easily fall under control, as would island countries like Britain and Japan.

Furthermore, if the importance of the sea and oceans were disregarded, there would be a lack of realism in terms of economy and military affairs in the game.

Can you now say that naval units are insignificant?

On 2/24/2024 at 10:32 PM, Unity said:

what even use is for the Navy? when most countries are on land and not most of the countries don't even need a navy (Cause they are on land) but literally the only feature is only moving on water I literally see no use in the navy 

What is wrong with trying to add a new style of warfare where you dont have to fight on land 24/7?

1 minute ago, Ares I of Congo said:

What is wrong with trying to add a new style of warfare where you dont have to fight on land 24/7?

even Lukasz said its useless most of the ai wont use it