Age of History 3
Wayne23lololh

Wars, and retreat in modern time

Posted (edited)

Hi,

To start, we all know that we don't siege castles in WW2, so all I suggest is to have a second war system which the occupation is as it was in AoH2, a one-to-one occupation system that could be unlocked in the tech tree. Imagine, a game with two war systems, a unique feature in strategy games ! This would force AI to make fronts, and then, make modern wars more convenient. The time for occupation could vary by the importance of the province. So capital cities could be longer to occupy.

The second thing I want to talk about is to make the retreat different. The army who retreats must move to ONLY one province beside. Like the war system I propose, it could be unlocked in the tech tree, at the same time, in the 1800's.

What do you all think of these ? Does this must be implemented or not ?

Edited by Wayne23lololh

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 6:59 PM, Rodak Polak said:

I think that it is enough to make that improvement of the "castle" in the 19th century will be "defensive fortifications". I like the system presented in the videos

Okay, but does the AI would do this too ? And would AI make fronts too ? I would know how.

But for retreat, I think it's okay.

Edited by Wayne23lololh

This doesn't have to be a technology tree, modern units could just be coded to move and act differently than earlier units, it makes more sense but it would need to make older units locked after certain periods or else a bunch of warriors will break thru the soviet front line (medieval system) and it will be weird