Age of History 3
Nifty

Coalition System Idea

Hello! Nifty here! I have a great idea that can add some realistic diplomacy into the game. Coalitions. Coalitions is like an Alliance,but only during a War against a specific nation. This would add more historical vibes if there is a Napoleon Wars Era. Now, I wonder,will this Diplomatic Option be freely available? Will it require Research,or Policy to unlock,or require certain Era(s) to be available? I believe the way you start a Coalition is that you select the target nation to want to go to war with,and have a "Form Coalition Request",once clicked/tapped, it will open the page of all current Nations that does not have a N.A.P (Non-Aggression Pact), Alliance,Truce,Guaranteed,and/or Defensive Pact with the selected nation. Then it will take time to develop the Coalition,if atleast 1 or 2 Accepts by minimum. After the Coalition forms,the Coalition Members declares war on the target nation,and gains Military Access and a Non-Aggression Pact with other members. To make this seperate from an alliance,if a Nation declares war on a Coalition Member,assisting them in their war is optional. I also believe that forming a Coalition should use up Diplomacy Points and Legacy Points. The more members you request into a Coalition,the more Legacy points and/or Diplomacy points it will cost. I also think it will be a good idea for their joining conditions is based on their relations with you and the target nation. If they like you,and hate the Target Nation,they will more easily join,etc. I hope Lucaz reads this,cuz I thought of this idea for a long time,and I am SO hyped about this game I can't ever stop thinking about it. I love his games. If anybody wants to ask me questions about this topic,you can message me on Discord or Steam.

Discord: nifty69

Steam: Officially_Nifty

1 hour ago, qxz said:

coalitions are not needed. 

what's the point if we already have alliances which do the same exact job

sure it is a cool thing, but it is useless

I disagree, coalition is a need because of aggresive expansion. In medieval age europe, until French Revolution except Ottomans, Russia and Habsburgs, no country made crazy overextensions for more than 400 years.

7 minutes ago, IKayzerI said:

I disagree, coalition is a need because of aggresive expansion. In medieval age europe, until French Revolution except Ottomans, Russia and Habsburgs, no country made crazy overextensions for more than 400 years.

Aggressive expansion can be done without coalitions or alliances

Posted (edited)

There could be a mechanic which when you annex more than x provinces in x years, or declare war more than x times in x years, the surrounding countries make a coalition.

This could be modifiable and vary for each era.

Edited by Wayne23lololh

15 hours ago, Nifty said:

Hello! Nifty here! I have a great idea that can add some realistic diplomacy into the game. Coalitions. Coalitions is like an Alliance,but only during a War against a specific nation. This would add more historical vibes if there is a Napoleon Wars Era. Now, I wonder,will this Diplomatic Option be freely available? Will it require Research,or Policy to unlock,or require certain Era(s) to be available? I believe the way you start a Coalition is that you select the target nation to want to go to war with,and have a "Form Coalition Request",once clicked/tapped, it will open the page of all current Nations that does not have a N.A.P (Non-Aggression Pact), Alliance,Truce,Guaranteed,and/or Defensive Pact with the selected nation. Then it will take time to develop the Coalition,if atleast 1 or 2 Accepts by minimum. After the Coalition forms,the Coalition Members declares war on the target nation,and gains Military Access and a Non-Aggression Pact with other members. To make this seperate from an alliance,if a Nation declares war on a Coalition Member,assisting them in their war is optional. I also believe that forming a Coalition should use up Diplomacy Points and Legacy Points. The more members you request into a Coalition,the more Legacy points and/or Diplomacy points it will cost. I also think it will be a good idea for their joining conditions is based on their relations with you and the target nation. If they like you,and hate the Target Nation,they will more easily join,etc. I hope Lucaz reads this,cuz I thought of this idea for a long time,and I am SO hyped about this game I can't ever stop thinking about it. I love his games. If anybody wants to ask me questions about this topic,you can message me on Discord or Steam.

Discord: nifty69

Steam: Officially_Nifty

Yes, yes, I've already suggested that too. So that there are no super-expanding powers. In the Middle Ages, these are powers that threaten the world order.

in Crusader kings 2

"In order to prevent the strong expansion of the state leading active wars of conquest, the game provides for the mechanics of defensive alliances. When a state greatly increases its territory, it begins to be considered a threat to the world order. And a defensive alliance is being formed against him, which they join depending on the threat level. At first, defensive alliances are formed only among one religion, then a religious group, then all religions, then even those who profess the same religion with the aggressor will enter into a defensive alliance. Declaring war against a member of the defensive alliance with an automatic weapon means war with all its participants. In practice, this means that after a significant increase in the state, you will have to fight with the whole world (in fact, it is possible, but unpleasant)."

1 hour ago, Денис Живков said:

Yes, yes, I've already suggested that too. So that there are no super-expanding powers. In the Middle Ages, these are powers that threaten the world order.

in Crusader kings 2

"In order to prevent the strong expansion of the state leading active wars of conquest, the game provides for the mechanics of defensive alliances. When a state greatly increases its territory, it begins to be considered a threat to the world order. And a defensive alliance is being formed against him, which they join depending on the threat level. At first, defensive alliances are formed only among one religion, then a religious group, then all religions, then even those who profess the same religion with the aggressor will enter into a defensive alliance. Declaring war against a member of the defensive alliance with an automatic weapon means war with all its participants. In practice, this means that after a significant increase in the state, you will have to fight with the whole world (in fact, it is possible, but unpleasant)."

This is only a Defensive Pact Ordeal,involving an "Alliance" against one nation,what I mean is an "Offensive" Coalition,not "Defensive". I get your saying and the Crusader Kings 2 Quote,be isn't entirely related to an Offensive Coalition.