Age of History 3
Rodak Polak

Different types of alliances

I think there should be different types of alliances:

• defensive alliance (in the game, its function is a non-aggression pact, but I think there should also be an option of a non-aggression pact between several countries, not just two. NATO could be an example)
  • defensive alliance against one specific country (If you are attacked by a country other than the one mentioned in the alliance agreement, your ally will not help you)
  • offensive alliance (directed against one specific country. In AoH2, its function was performed by the malfunctioning "create a coalition against" function in trade. An example is the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact)
  • combined option (something like this was the alliance option in AoH2)

If you signed offensive alliance you are not called to war to defend your ally

2 hours ago, Rodak Polak said:
defensive alliance (in the game, its function is a non-aggression pact, but I think there should also be an option of a non-aggression pact between several countries, not just two. NATO could be an example)

Yes, yes, I've already suggested that too. So that there are no super-expanding powers. In the Middle Ages, these are powers that threaten the world order.

in Crusader kings 2

"In order to prevent the strong expansion of the state leading active wars of conquest, the game provides for the mechanics of defensive alliances. When a state greatly increases its territory, it begins to be considered a threat to the world order. And a defensive alliance is being formed against him, which they join depending on the threat level. At first, defensive alliances are formed only among one religion, then a religious group, then all religions, then even those who profess the same religion with the aggressor will enter into a defensive alliance. Declaring war against a member of the defensive alliance with an automatic weapon means war with all its participants. In practice, this means that after a significant increase in the state, you will have to fight with the whole world (in fact, it is possible, but unpleasant)."