Age of History 3
shatyshka

Turn-based mode

I propose adding a turn-based mode to the game, similar to what was present in the second and first installments. I justify this decision with two points:

1. Firstly, I want to clarify that I'm not a game developer, but it seems to me that this would not be too difficult to implement. It could work such that, for example, 1 month in the regular mode equals 1 turn. I believe this can be adequately optimized.

2. From the first point, it follows that with a turn-based game mode, multiplayer functionality could be introduced based on LAN connections. Due to the nature of turn-based strategies, ping won't be a significant factor, meaning people from different corners of the planet could play together. This could significantly expand the game's community as multiplayer adds competitiveness, which leads to increased motivation to organize gaming sessions with friends. Consequently, players would spend more time in the game, further enhancing engagement.

As I see it, looking at the gameplay of the third installment, I increasingly get the feeling that it's essentially the same game, albeit with new mechanics, but overall, it feels like it's just been translated onto real-time tracks. I can speculate (again, I have no idea how this could be practically implemented as I'm not versed in game development) that with the same ease, the game could be reverted back to turn-based mechanics, while keeping all the core gameplay intact.

50 minutes ago, shatyshka said:

I propose adding a turn-based mode to the game, similar to what was present in the second and first installments. I justify this decision with two points:

1. Firstly, I want to clarify that I'm not a game developer, but it seems to me that this would not be too difficult to implement. It could work such that, for example, 1 month in the regular mode equals 1 turn. I believe this can be adequately optimized.

2. From the first point, it follows that with a turn-based game mode, multiplayer functionality could be introduced based on LAN connections. Due to the nature of turn-based strategies, ping won't be a significant factor, meaning people from different corners of the planet could play together. This could significantly expand the game's community as multiplayer adds competitiveness, which leads to increased motivation to organize gaming sessions with friends. Consequently, players would spend more time in the game, further enhancing engagement.

As I see it, looking at the gameplay of the third installment, I increasingly get the feeling that it's essentially the same game, albeit with new mechanics, but overall, it feels like it's just been translated onto real-time tracks. I can speculate (again, I have no idea how this could be practically implemented as I'm not versed in game development) that with the same ease, the game could be reverted back to turn-based mechanics, while keeping all the core gameplay intact.

Making the Game turn base you repeating the same thing as the second game, you'll end up micromanaging every little thing

39 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Set speed to 1 and you will have turn based style.

Will the game speed be customizable in text files? Speed 1 is one game day per second, and some players would prefer it a bit slower.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Will the game speed be customizable in text files? Speed 1 is one game day per second, and some players would prefer it a bit slower.

Yes, I noticed the speed tends to go so quickly i hope we can

Edited by Unity

51 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Yes

GAME_SPEED_1: 1000,
    GAME_SPEED_2: 500,
    GAME_SPEED_3: 250,
    GAME_SPEED_4: 125,
    GAME_SPEED_5: 40,

it is in milliseconds

Awsome

5 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said: