Age of History 3
MrDavid

Bloody Europe II | Final update

19 minutes ago, MasoMate said:

small issue. it looks like the game lies about casualties. i tried to war with hungary as austria and tried to wait their casualties out. it told me they lost 3000 on one stack and 80 on another and i counted each time about a decrease of one unit zero clue what the issue there would be

i think its something to do with castles? i tried the same thing without castles and it  seems to have fixed up

Try turning off the *Experimental Gameplay* in the setting

1 hour ago, Reza Shah said:

Also while playing a new game, Try increasing the *Troops Break Trough*. It became more like Vanilla Aoh2

thanks mate exactly what i was looking for

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RennyTheSimpatic said:

i can't open the jar

reinstall java here. worked for me, worked for shah. should work for you too.

Edited by bun_dha4

19 minutes ago, bun_dha4 said:

reinstall java here. worked for me, worked for shah. should work for you too.

still doesn't work. i click on the startwithdebug.bat, it opens the command table thingy, and after a few seconds closes

8 minutes ago, RennyTheSimpatic said:

maybe there is something wrong with the bat document

try putting the reinstalled java folder in the be2 files.

3 hours ago, RennyTheSimpatic said:

still doesn't work. i'll try to reinstall the mod

looks like i messed some things up... now even the other mods like age of imperialism won't open... maybe i am not usng the correct method? i create the run.bat document and then i write java -jar (name of the jar) inside it and it has always worked... so i really don't know

Posted (edited)

Hello @MrDavid, I'm a big fan of the Bloody Europe II mod and I have many bug reports & improvements to share with others.

My found bugs:

NOTE: I'm using Bloody Europe II (v1.3.1) and Java SE RE 8, and I have tested only the 1936 scenario.

- Changing the game speed will completely break the treasury.

- Peace without wars is very challenging to configure (especially on mobile devices, but also for PCs) due to the large range of move options, so I recommend limiting this feature to 0-50 (instead of the original 0-1000). Also, who sane would set 1000 peace moves?

- Build everything is constructing buildings only in 5 selected provinces.

- Build everything provides wrong information because it only shows information on the first on-map clicked province (e.g. if I click on Wroclaw, then click on another province, then it still shows info about Wroclaw).

- Build everything building cost shows on first on-map clicked province and not on all selected.

- Build everything shows the cost summary of all available buildings (including non-unlocked like nuclear reactors) instead of showing the cost summary of selected only.

- Cancel button in Build everything is unclickable and does nothing.

- In Manage Diplomacy, the Truces list pop-up doesn't disappear after changing the tab (unlike Vassals or Non-Aggression Pacts list pop-ups which disappear after changing the tab).

- In Income map mode, if scrolling the provinces list (in the left sidebar), then double click on that province in the list, then clicking on the Construct button (to construct workshop) makes the scrolled list instantly to go top, making it very annoying to construct when scrolling to very bottom (unlike other lists which keeps scroll position).

- In Radiation map mode, the provinces list (in the left sidebar) behaves like an Economy improvement. Also, the Radiation values are in very large exponent numbers.

- Hundreds of untranslated strings within the English language.

- EDIT 1: Music completely stops playing if typing "hi" to the console and then exiting the console.

- EDIT 2: Exiting the Music List menu (under Audio settings) using the "Back" button enters the game as a random civilization.

My improvement proposals:

- Rename the title of Bloody Europe instance (Window) from "Age of Civilizations II" to "Bloody Europe II".

- Categorise options in the New Game options pop-up for better organisation.

- Categorise Map Modes in Map Modes pop-up. For example Financial (which incl. Economy & Investments), Geographical (which incl. Continents & Type of Terrain) or Political (which incl. Alliances, Diplomacy & Governments). (These categories are only examples and no direct proposals)

- If the army walks over provinces in my country, then the economy of these provinces decrease. It would be fine to have an option (In Options pop-up in New Game) to disable this feature.

- There exists an unnamed feature (Which I call World Tension) that simply makes other countries (C, D, E, etc...) hate my country (A) after I declared war on the country (B) (I used letters for illustration). So, it would be fine to have an option (In Options pop-up in New Game) to disable this feature.

Edited by Patricek0056
Writed another two bugs

8 hours ago, RennyTheSimpatic said:

looks like i messed some things up... now even the other mods like age of imperialism won't open... maybe i am not usng the correct method? i create the run.bat document and then i write java -jar (name of the jar) inside it and it has always worked... so i really don't know

Make sure you have completed the uninstalled java. Then reinstall it. 

Also auto plan is not working well

Only the bordered army is attacking that too not all are attacking auto plan mechanics is lagging as it was in 1.3.0

When I am in a language other than Russian, I drop a nuclear warhead at a certain country and the game collapses

I'm sorry I don't know Russian, I'm not Russian

This issue also appeared during "Bloody Europe 1.3.0.2" and has not been fixed to this day

When will it be fixed, thanks

41 minutes ago, AddPlck said:

When I am in a language other than Russian, I drop a nuclear warhead at a certain country and the game collapses

This issue also appeared during "Bloody Europe 1.3.0.2" and has not been fixed to this day

I ran into this issue while making a Chinese game language configuration, how did this happen? Maybe I can't drop a nuclear warhead in Chinese? I am a Chinese

2 hours ago, dhanish d said:

@Reza Shah do you know what should I do with auto plan? Maybe it has something to do with experimental game play?

Sadly, That's the max capacity of AutoPlan ai. It's not the dev fault. It's just the game was made. (Although micro-managing with Auto-Plan is easier)

1 hour ago, AddPlck said:

I think it's related to the coding of the mods. If I copy the BE2.jar and move the engine to another mod and try nuking some random place it will instantly crash.

4 hours ago, Reza Shah said:

Make sure you have completed the uninstalled java. Then reinstall it. 

in what sense completed? do i have to do something more other than taking the java folder and moving it in the trash bin?