Age of History 3
ZingZong

Do we already have a team or a number of people who are planning to make major mods to Age of History III?

Question

I've been wondering if people in this community are planning to make major mods for the game, going beyond creating new scenarios, ideologies, etc.

5 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, ZingZong said:

I've been wondering if people in this community are planning to make major mods for the game, going beyond creating new scenarios, ideologies, etc.

Sure! AoH2 made it possible to make very detailed large-scale mods. In these screenshots, two such mods: The Birth of a New Europe (a historical project about the world in 1856-1910) and White Victory (an alternative world in 1936, in which the "Whites" won the Russian Civil War, and the Entente implemented the agreement of December 1917). The screenshots were taken in the "dev" versions of the mods, so there're noticeable flaws with borders and provinces (In addition, the versions shown here are relatively old and doesn't contain all changes).

The creation of such projects required the addition of a separate position to the modder team - a historical consultant (actually, which is what I do most of the time in several mods).

AoH3 provides even more (much more) modding opportunities, so no doubt the projects will get even bigger. [In particular, I personally hope to release two large-scale mods for AoH3 (historical and alternative), which I planned to do for AoH2, but postponed after the announcement of the new part of the series.]

IMG_20240509_163216_500.png

IMG_20240509_163223_982.png

IMG_20240509_163220_247.png

Edited by Mirolit

1 hour ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

I believe that the game must be released first 😛

It's always good to know if we will have a team of modders. I, for example, have already been planning on creating one for your beloved game together with artists and friends🤗. Trying to create a new world, if possible, like its ancestors and creating new countries, flags, ideologies and even different events to immerse oneself in a new universe.😉

17 hours ago, Comrade_Parrot said:

i have seen some people working for it, getting ready for it and waiting for aoh3 to release.

Moreover, some already prepare many elements in advance (map in Map Editor for AoH3, flags, event texts, etc.) in order to start full-fledged creation of mods for the game immediately after release.