Age of History 3
Mirolit

What will happen to AoH2 when AoH3 is released?

Question

Posted (edited)

I think this question is quite relevant, especially for those "old-timers" who follow the game for several years and still call it AoC2 instead of AoH2.

In particular, will new patches be released? There are still some bugs that sometimes show up.

I'm sure that even without continued active support, AoH2 will continue to "live" for some time at the expense of those players who are so passionate about AoH2 that some of them even violated the user agreement by learning how to decompile the game for code changes (I believe this is already a known fait accompli, so don't I'm sure it's possible to deny that such modders exist). But the more the support of part 2 continues, the more the community will remember about it (besides, I think it would contribute to the sales of previous games when AoH3 becomes the main product).

Edited by Mirolit

7 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Mirolit said:

I think this question is quite relevant, especially for those "old-timers" who follow the game for several years and still call it AoC2 instead of AoH2.

In particular, will new patches be released? There are still some bugs that sometimes show up.

I'm sure that even without continued active support, AoH2 will continue to "live" for some time at the expense of those players who are so passionate about AoH2 that some of them even violated the user agreement by learning how to decompile the game for code changes (I believe this is already a known fait accompli, so don't I'm sure it's possible to deny that such modders exist). But the more the support of part 2 continues, the more the community will remember about it (besides, I think it would contribute to the sales of previous games when AoH3 becomes the main product).

no patch has been released since, ever.

there may be some modders that would still give a try into modding the game, but with aoh3 avaiable in that moment... yeah, no.
aoh2 would be 99% dead.

the sad thing is, i could 100% have seen aoh2 be developed into a game better than aoh3 if lukasz was consistent, but sadly the code was dogwater so updating the game was very hard and virtually impossible 

hopefully we don't get the same issue with aoh3, i feel like aoh3 IS missing the soul aoh2 had though, it feels too ''eu4' ish, it's not unique in terms of UI or looks like the old game 

8 hours ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

the sad thing is, i could 100% have seen aoh2 be developed into a game better than aoh3 if lukasz was consistent, but sadly the code was dogwater so updating the game was very hard and virtually impossible 

hopefully we don't get the same issue with aoh3, i feel like aoh3 IS missing the soul aoh2 had though, it feels too ''eu4' ish, it's not unique in terms of UI or looks like the old game 

But, jn fact, AoH2 is clearly remade from AoH3, so there is no problem with the code. But the emphasis on the mechanics for the Middle Ages is really puzzling.

5 minutes ago, Mirolit said:

But, jn fact, AoH2 is clearly remade from AoH3, so there is no problem with the code. But the emphasis on the mechanics for the Middle Ages is really puzzling.

the code in aoh2 was terrible from what i hear, so it was impossible to program new features, i hope that's not the case in aoh3

also yeah i agree, but i think the missing stuff SHOULD come after alpha, it might not but definitely should, people forget the game is getting updates rolled out at some point hopefully?.., please Lukasz don't pull another aoh2 aoh3 will be dogwater without updates 

8 hours ago, Unity said:

The game has been abounded for years, no real update has been added to it so no

I think that these three years of complete silence (2020-2023), when nothing new was known about the game or about Lukasz himself, are not an indicator now. Despite being busy with a new game, he found time for a recent patch, so I guess in theory continued support for Ao2 is possible.

4 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

code in aoh2 was terrible from what i hear

There are more rumors than truth in this. I've talked to the "violators" and they find it confusing, but not unreadable. Creating new functions in Java (I mean, in general, object-oriented programming in this language) is not difficult if having some experience (I already know this from my own experience in Java coding), another thing is that it's probably more difficult when changing someone else's code (because of function dependencies).