Age of History 3
OwnM3Z0

we are getting an unfinished AOH3 on release whether we like it or not

Just now, AmericanLiberia said:

Sorr, I don't understand jokes well 😛

By "exploring" I mean they are complete. Like the strategies, travel and casualties on the battle system and so.

no problemo

can agree on navies, but cultures are much simpler, the hard part with cultures is the assigning to civs, thats the only issue lukasz seems to have

then again, lukasz did it for the land units, he can do it for the sea units post alpha when he has more experience with updating them game 

1 minute ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

why do idea's have to be explored, good features can be added and not need more, it's a good base concept, lukasz won't need to add much to them and we would be happy

also isn't the more they are explored the more complicated they become? counterintuitive much?

Yeah, the more, the more complex. But a good base mechanic has to be well explored (well implemented) or it don't have enough weight

2 minutes ago, AmericanLiberia said:

Yeah, the more, the more complex. But a good base mechanic has to be well explored (well implemented) or it don't have enough weight

then we agree that these features should be delayed until lukasz can add them post alpha? that's why i wrote this topic

Posted (edited)

Wait, do unassimilated population even affect something? As far as I know there is only debuffs for not having a core. If so, I don't see why lukasz should add cultures. What's the purpose? -10% core creation time modifier? That's not serious. Don't forget that in AOH3 you don't have to assimilate provinces yourself, "assimilation of Italy is annoying" is just wrong statement.

Edited by Marerjh

Posted (edited)

Unions, trade (from AoH2) and ultimatums is just shit ideas. Their's only purpose is to cheese the game — click-to-win. It may be acceptable if AoH was game that focuses on diplomacy, but AoH is WAR-GAME, where you should focus on building up economy to supply growing armies to conquer all your enemies with hard power. The game already provides great possiblities to guarantee your safety and unite against common enemy — alliances, defensive pacts and non-agression pacts. Paying money to other civ for it to declare war on your enemy (as it was in AoH2) is dogshittttttt.

In EU4 you win by having highest score at the year of 1821. In AOH3 you win by eliminating every other civ. See the difference?

Edited by Marerjh

Posted (edited)

@OwnM3Z0.

In some point you're right. BUT

You saying that game is likely to be boring but you based on your personal feelings and trying to convince all others that your view is important. Game is not relised yet and a full landscape of the game features is not showed (but fr the most of them is)

All Łukasz plans is secret. What will added we don't really know and attempting to force him to add any idea is bad deal. 

I just simulate the Łukasz. Don't blame me, I don't trying to insult him.

"Add a navy units, mr Łukasz @lululukasz"

- " What is navy. It's not be added 😜 What you want? describe the all models and battles in full it depth and maybe I'll check yours idea 😝😝"

I think ideas, like a new game features and others things could be added only if it fits the main Łukasz game plan, which in huandred procent is secretly exist.

My position feels very deterministic, yeah that's it  I see no sense in covincing Łukasz in importance of some game features. He have the differend expirience and don't want to put him opinion and expirience in buttom to yours

Edited by Naval

1 hour ago, Marerjh said:

Wait, do unassimilated population even affect something? As far as I know there is only debuffs for not having a core. If so, I don't see why lukasz should add cultures. What's the purpose? -10% core creation time modifier? That's not serious. Don't forget that in AOH3 you don't have to assimilate provinces yourself, "assimilation of Italy is annoying" is just wrong statement.

stability, rebellions, and decreased everything

core construction still costs alot of money on a large scale and makes no sense

18 minutes ago, Naval said:

@OwnM3Z0.

In some point you're right. BUT

You saying that game is likely to be boring but you based on your personal feelings and trying to convince all others that your view is important. Game is not relised yet and a full landscape of the game features is not showed (but fr the most of them is)

All Łukasz plans is secret. What will added we don't really know and attempting to force him to add any idea is bad deal. 

I just simulate the Łukasz. Don't blame me, I don't trying to insult him.

"Add a navy units, mr Łukasz @lululukasz"

- " What is navy. It's not be added 😜 What you want? describe the all models and battles in full it depth and maybe I'll check yours idea 😝😝"

I think ideas, like a new game features and others things could be added only if it fits the main Łukasz game plan, which in huandred procent is secretly exist.

My position feels very deterministic, yeah that's it  I see no sense in covincing Łukasz in importance of some game features. He have the differend expirience and don't want to put him opinion and expirience in buttom to yours

bruh, the entire purpose of the post is that the Game is not released yet and a full landscape of the game features is not showed, i don't understand what you're coming at me for 

21 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

bruh, the entire purpose of the post is that the Game is not released yet and a full landscape of the game features is not showed, i don't understand what you're coming at me for 

sorry for pointless message 😅

4 hours ago, Marerjh said:

Unions, trade (from AoH2) and ultimatums is just shit ideas. Their's only purpose is to cheese the game — click-to-win. It may be acceptable if AoH was game that focuses on diplomacy, but AoH is WAR-GAME, where you should focus on building up economy to supply growing armies to conquer all your enemies with hard power. The game already provides great possiblities to guarantee your safety and unite against common enemy — alliances, defensive pacts and non-agression pacts. Paying money to other civ for it to declare war on your enemy (as it was in AoH2) is dogshittttttt.

In EU4 you win by having highest score at the year of 1821. In AOH3 you win by eliminating every other civ. See the difference?

''war game''

''focus on building economy''

nuff said

On 6/6/2024 at 1:27 AM, AmericanLiberia said:

Why everyone want "cultures" or "navy"? I don't see those things bringing something to the game, the most probably thing is they bug and causes problems instead of being fun. Just stop being so dramatic

Dude, if you don't like complicated stuff that complicates the game. Then unscrew all the sockets, turn off all the ovens. Go to the firewood and play tetris. You didn't say anything in spite of the lack of pressure. YOU didn't give a reason and said that they would only load the game and are difficult to add. You are not an expert and you speak only in strong words without explaining or pointing anything out. People like strong words, maybe that's why they support you.

On 6/6/2024 at 12:38 AM, AmericanLiberia said:

People said that navy is irrelevant, because IS A GAME, not history. If want to learn history, take a book, don't play games. And, if you don't know, Italy was a conglomerate of peoples who get together in a point, for example. Their create a culture after being united, didn't have one together before, much less only one ethnicity. If anyway the system of navy would be like a battle, but in the water, just make the units could travel on sea and it work the same way anyway. Under those parameters a thousand things SHOULD be added, and their don't have to.
That we pay for a game doesn't give us the power to dictate his creator to what he has to add, he is not our slave. Only if the game isn't finished, don't have what was promised or something like that, demand is logical.
And the game would never compete with Eu4 or Ck3, because Lukasz is just one guy not an entire team. Stop comparing them, setting high expectations leads to great disappointments.
Like I say before, stop being so dramatic, is a game. And don't insult me, your opinion doesn't is better than mine, you aren't God or something like that.

I mean seriously, Age of History was always a simple game with no overly complex mechanics like navy. 

It is supposed to be a game that is really easy to learn - but hard to master.

On 6/6/2024 at 2:38 AM, AmericanLiberia said:

If want to learn history, take a book, don't play games. And, if you don't know, Italy was a conglomerate of peoples who get together in a point, for example.

If you want light, then why should you waste electricity, try to press the switch. Sit with candles and don't worry about the electricity bills.

On 6/6/2024 at 2:38 AM, AmericanLiberia said:

That we pay for a game doesn't give us the power to dictate his creator to what he has to add, he is not our slave.

No one really forces me to. Lukas can act in favor of his interests. Our orders / ideas for Lukash are nothing more than a drop in the ocean, empty words that will fly through the minds of ordinary readers and maybe set the reaction "laughter" and this will be enough

On 6/6/2024 at 2:40 AM, AmericanLiberia said:

I think that a game with all his features working together would be much better than one with a thousand things to do but everything scattered. Also, the first way I say is better for new people to understand and entering the community :3

this is generally an abstract expression.

Understand...Man is like a game. If he worked well and for a long time in one topic, but forgot all the others, he is no longer interesting. Why do you need a person who talks only about the same topic?

Like a game that combines the mechanics of only one topic or field of activity. Most likely, this is due to the success of games such as Spore or the Sims series of games.

9 hours ago, qxz said:

I mean seriously, Age of History was always a simple game with no overly complex mechanics like navy. 

Yeah, that resumes some of my opinions. I fear of the game becoming like HoI or Eu, that you have to play for hours to really understand how to start

10 hours ago, Денис Живков said:

Dude, if you don't like complicated stuff that complicates the game. Then unscrew all the sockets, turn off all the ovens. Go to the firewood and play tetris. You didn't say anything in spite of the lack of pressure. YOU didn't give a reason and said that they would only load the game and are difficult to add. You are not an expert and you speak only in strong words without explaining or pointing anything out. People like strong words, maybe that's why they support you.

I say that they can complicate the game, be buggy and don't bring anything that all the mechanics show could add (?). Stop attacking me, and say a reason why it could not being that way. Because it could perfectly not being that way, maybe the navy is added and used to (I don't know, just for saying something) travel population or moving resources from a province to another, or for searching resources underwater or catch fishes, whatever. I'm saying that just adding it "because it can be added" is worthless, don't bring fun to the game and just complicate a game that is suppose to being simple. Or that's what I think. I don't want it to have a bunch of mechanics that never actually are use, like in AoH2.
And people don't support me, most is against my opinion :I

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Денис Живков said:

Wow, but what's the point? What did you mean by that?

I mean that a mechanic (example: alliances) has to be well planned to be meaningful on the game. I don't know: in the alliances, you can obtain an ally that bring you the chance of defeat a more powerful enemy. Is a tool that you can use in different situations, that's what I think a new branch should be explored 😛
Ergo, is not necessary to have a lot of things implemented, just the necessary to do it important

Edited by AmericanLiberia

23 hours ago, qxz said:

navy doesn't have to be complicated, you keep repeating that like it's valid, lukasz didn't keep the navy out because of all of those excuses, it's because the AI won't use them, meaning this is a bug still being fixed, i am 100% sure when it is fixed it will be added, meaning lukasz had already thought of a full fledged system that was simple enough to be added but was scrapped because AI, so your argument is false

10 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

navy doesn't have to be complicated, you keep repeating that like it's valid, lukasz didn't keep the navy out because of all of those excuses, it's because the AI won't use them, meaning this is a bug still being fixed, i am 100% sure when it is fixed it will be added, meaning lukasz had already thought of a full fledged system that was simple enough to be added but was scrapped because AI, so your argument is false

Yes the navy could not be used by AI due to its complexity. Are you clarifying my point?