Age of History 3
Pumped

v2.2-2.3 Formables Update! Age of History 2: The Enhanced Sandbox Spectator Modification

weird bug: image.png.5a8b3b204561d88d1559669d0fe9d797.png

everything else is fine and it "downloads normally" yet nothing happens

• aoc2 executable is AoC2.jar
  • java is downloaded and updated
  • happens on 2 separate mods
  • bat and sandboxmod in same file as exe
  • tried other languages
  • manually moving the class files into the aoc2 jar didn't work

is my pc just wonky or smth lol

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, polymagnitude said:

weird bug: image.png.5a8b3b204561d88d1559669d0fe9d797.png

everything else is fine and it "downloads normally" yet nothing happens

• aoc2 executable is AoC2.jar
  • java is downloaded and updated
  • happens on 2 separate mods
  • bat and sandboxmod in same file as exe
  • tried other languages
  • manually moving the class files into the aoc2 jar didn't work

is my pc just wonky or smth lol

Thanks for posting a screenshot of the console! I think it is something technical related to Java's jar command (which basically handles extracting the jar); manually moving the .jars would usually work but it doesn't when archives are corrupted.

I have good and bad news; The good news, I think this solution would work - try getting the JDK (Java Downloads | Oracle; choose the setting "x64 Installer") alongside Java (the one linked in my install video, though I assume you already have it). The bad news - I just tried and found out the mod doesn't work on BE2 because they complexified the code I am replacing, and so the game is dysfunctional (crashes) without their custom copy of the .class/.java files.

I will probably try to contact them soon and see if they are interested in implementing the methods I added into their code, though right now I apologize for that.

Edited by Pumped

Just now, DonaldtrumpjrALTACCOUNT said:

ALLAH to the SQUARE ROOT of FIFTEEN CUBED has just CONFIRMED the following fact: ONE DISCORD SERVER has EVERY SINGLE THING you need in order to EMIGRATE TO BRAZIL! WHAT THE FUCK? after WE VOTE TRUMP we will emigrate to BRAZIL and reelect BOZONARO. JOIN THE BELOW SERVER FOR FREE TIPS ON EMIGRATING TO BRAZIL:  https://discord.gg/VkAA6tCQ4t

Greek Defeat We as a nation have been defeated by the Ottomans and have become a vassal of them and are under their iron fist once more the Greek people are no longer free and our nation and army is a joke an embarrisment to the legacy of Alexander and Justinian they as of right now are rolling in their graves we should be a ashamed of ourselves we dont deserve to lead the Greek people

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Pumped said:

Thanks for posting a screenshot of the console! I think it is something technical related to Java's jar command (which basically handles extracting the jar); manually moving the .jars would usually work but it doesn't when archives are corrupted.

I have good and bad news; The good news, I think this solution would work - try getting the JDK (Java Downloads | Oracle; choose the setting "x64 Installer") alongside Java (the one linked in my install video, though I assume you already have it). The bad news - I just tried and found out the mod doesn't work on BE2 because they complexified the code I am replacing, and so the game is dysfunctional (crashes) without their custom copy of the .class/.java files.

I will probably try to contact them soon and see if they are interested in implementing the methods I added into their code, though right now I apologize for that.

first, thank you a lot for responding so quick lol

second, doesn't work, i'm trying it with project vita too, i downloaded the JDK and it still does that, java is 100% installed

maybe uwut engine has something to do with it? idk

(still got same error message as before)

Edited by polymagnitude

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, polymagnitude said:

first, thank you a lot for responding so quick lol

second, doesn't work, i'm trying it with project vita too, i downloaded the JDK and it still does that, java is 100% installed

maybe uwut engine has something to do with it? idk

(still got same error message as before)

Perfect timing - I'm making a video for installs to UWUT right now. The reason it doesn't work is because UWUT usually compiled the files into .exe's instead of .jars, but you can bypass this by changing (via renaming) the .exe extension tag with a .jar and then using WinRAR to repair it. Just make sure you can see file extensions from the setting in windows (in the file explorer, at the top there's a column called 'View'. Click it and then enable 'File Name Extensions').
image.png.7363a6fd7b8cf863136e45a28f9df45e.png

Oh and btw - make sure to create a backup of the .exe game file. From there, open this renamed game .jar with WinRAR (right click > open w WinRAR) and click Tools > Repair Archive > OK on the popup.
image.png.56851389d1e31c4d23a8fe8c98bc1b80.png
It'll make a new file in the game's directory called rebuilt.[file name here].jar. Now open that one with WinRAR and extract the two folders in sandboxmod.jar ('age' and 'com') into the game's rebuilt .jar (should also have the folders 'age' and 'com' in WinRAR's view. Essentially you are replacing certain .class scripts). From there you should be able to run the rebuilt .jar index and play the game normally, assuming you have java.

If this all is confusing, don't worry, I'll be releasing a video in ~an hour when I record it that walks you through the steps visually

Edited by Pumped

6 minutes ago, Pumped said:

Perfect timing - I'm making a video for installs to UWUT right now. The reason it doesn't work is because UWUT usually compiled the files into .exe's instead of .jars, but you can bypass this by changing (via renaming) the .exe extension tag with a .jar and then using WinRAR to repair it. Just make sure you can see file extensions from the setting in windows (in the file explorer, at the top there's a column called 'View'. Click it and then enable 'File Name Extensions').
image.png.7363a6fd7b8cf863136e45a28f9df45e.png

Oh and btw - make sure to create a backup of the .exe game file. From there, open the .jar with WinRAR (right click > open w WinRAR) and click Tools > Repair Archive > OK on the popup.
image.png.56851389d1e31c4d23a8fe8c98bc1b80.png
It'll make a new file in the game's directory called rebuilt.[file name here].jar. Now open that one with WinRAR and extract the two folders in sandboxmod.jar ('age' and 'com') into the game's rebuilt .jar (should also have the folders 'age' and 'com' in WinRAR's view. Essentially you are replacing certain .class scripts). From there you should be able to run the rebuilt .jar index and play the game normally, assuming you have java.

If this all is confusing, don't worry, I'll be releasing a video in ~an hour when I record it that walks you through the steps visually

okay, yeah, that worked, thanks a bunch, nice mod :)

Hey everyone,

With the 2.0 update I've made the install much easier by now providing the code pre-installed within both the updated AoC2 default .jar file along with the UWUT launcher, and consequently removed the installation guide as it is useless now. All you need to do is pick a launcher (if the mod you are installing in has UWUT, use the SandboxUWUTLauncher.jar file, but if not use the default SandboxLauncher.jar) and drag and drop it into your mod's game directory. From there just double click the extracted jar and the game should run seamlessly with the plugin, assuming you have JRE aka Java (JDK is now not needed). This is way more efficient and less error-prone, though please contact me if you have issues.

2.0 also sees all the transfer tool features integrated in one big UI menu to reduce clutter.

image.png.70f6053d91134426092ffb1b3c1d35c3.png

Now instead of clicking "Annexation" or "Transfer Provinces" in the decisions menu you now click "Transfer Control" to get a whole list of the previous territory exchange controls alongside many more options. To annex a civilization like before just click the "Select Civilization" option > "Transfer Control" button.

image.png.0669ae4ac099adc287a9518d59c77bfb.png

The same applies to the transferring provinces tool. The other options work for annexing cores, national borders, vassals, or occupied territory if the civilization does not already have them (if they do, the option will indicate "No Data" as seen above, and nothing will happen upon annexing. You can see above that Moscow has multiple vassals that it can annex but is not occupying any foreign territory/controls all its cored territory, so "Vassals" has annexable provinces but the other options do not).

Hopefully this improves ease of access and makes the decisions menu much cleaner. I plan extend the same type of menu to the "Occupy" command to allow for many more features (occupy enemy states, occupy vassals, occupy rebels etc.) if all goes well with this release.

You can read the list of various other changes added with 2.0 in the post's changelog - enjoy!

@Pumped

I have this idea, you can (in AoC2) IMPROVE the Imperial elections like in Europa Universalis 4

Please🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Scared Tim Burton GIF

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 11:57 AM, Mihael1 said:

I have this idea, you can (in AoC2) IMPROVE the Imperial elections like in Europa Universalis 4

Scared Tim Burton GIF

lol I'll think about it. I am contemplating adding dynamic events and that's a good idea of an event to add - only problem, it all depends when AoH3 (which has better events, sandboxmod, etc) releases, I don't want all this work to go to garbage after I spend hours making it
Thanks for the suggestion though. 

Edited by Pumped

Posted (edited)

Version 2.2 brings the beautiful formable feature into the mod - You can now form any civilization dynamically into any other civilization through a list selection menu in spectator mod, and each civilization's default formables have respective buttons, so that you can easily form them in just one click! (See pictures for details)

image.png.9d5923ff730318423785ea116d5e0fc7.pngimage.thumb.png.7a47d829d34fe9c855816cbdd8c32c48.pngimage.thumb.png.8722b25a43009f7a39df1e5b2322bc96.pngimage.thumb.png.b88a78d605807f153d44f9ab06f3bafb.pngimage.png.ee6fbc3ffbd26dffc890f9452bc96491.png

Edited by Pumped

On 7/11/2024 at 3:26 PM, ExistenceDaVitaReduxDev said:

Can i use this modification for an upcoming mod?

i will credit you for it.

No problem, just put the forum link to this mod wherever you post it if you can

On 7/11/2024 at 1:35 PM, Apple said:

This is fantastic.

Good to hear! Feel free to let me know if you got any problems or issues with the gameplay

Posted (edited)

2 questions

is the mobile download compatible with uwut engine already

and

does this plugin works on all uwut engine versions because i am currently using an old version of uwut engine

versions 1.2.1(?)

if no then i couldn't use the plugin anymore

i will use it on another mod tho

Edited by ExistenceDaVitaReduxDev

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ExistenceDaVitaReduxDev said:

2 questions

is the mobile download compatible with uwut engine already

and

does this plugin works on all uwut engine versions because i am currently using an old version of uwut engine

versions 1.2.1(?)

if no then i couldn't use the plugin anymore

i will use it on another mod tho

The codes I have put in the game should make it fully compatible with UWUT on mobile, as I recall also using the mod on QBAM to test for compatibility. I haven't checked with the specific older versions, but the way I coded it should make it work safely without crash - as always, though, make a backup of your game's Android file (A.PK) just in case something does go wrong and it does crash.

Edited by Pumped

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 11:57 AM, Mihael1 said:

@Pumped

I have this idea, you can (in AoC2) IMPROVE the Imperial elections like in Europa Universalis 4

Scared Tim Burton GIF

On 7/8/2024 at 5:58 PM, Pumped said:

lol I'll think about it. I am contemplating adding dynamic events and that's a good idea of an event to add - only problem, it all depends when AoH3 (which has better events, sandboxmod, etc) releases, I don't want all this work to go to garbage after I spend hours making it
Thanks for the suggestion though. 

😉 foreshadowing... Here's my new AoC2.5 Portable Plugin in Beta, which includes this mod as well. Check it out

Edited by Pumped

1 hour ago, Pumped said:

😉 foreshadowing... Here's my new AoC2.5 Portable Plugin in Beta, which includes this mod as well. Check it out

Happy Lets Go GIF

4 hours ago, Pumped said:

The codes I have put in the game should make it fully compatible with UWUT on mobile, as I recall also using the mod on QBAM to test for compatibility. I haven't checked with the specific older versions, but the way I coded it should make it work safely without crash - as always, though, make a backup of your game's Android file (A.PK) just in case something does go wrong and it does crash.

because when i click audio in the game (with your plugin) it would crash and kick me out

while clicking audio while playing the game works, it crashes when you click music list