Age of History 3
Galactica423

AGE OF HISTORY II - LEGENDS OF MIDDLE EARTH MOD

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone!

I'm thrilled to announce the revival of the Lord of the Rings (LOTR) mod project! After the unfortunate discontinuation of the original mod, I've decided to pick up the torch and aim to complete this project by the end of the year.

Why You Should Be Excited

This LOTR mod is an ambitious project that aims to bring the rich and immersive world of Middle-earth to life like never before. Whether you're a die-hard fan of Tolkien's work or a gamer looking for a new, expansive universe to explore, this mod has something for everyone. By creating this mod, we are not only preserving the legacy of the original but also enhancing it with new features and improvements that will make the experience even more engaging and enjoyable.

Why It’s a Great Idea

This mod is a fantastic idea because it taps into the vast and beloved lore of J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth. With its rich history, diverse cultures, and epic tales, the LOTR universe provides an endless well of inspiration for scenarios, events, and gameplay elements. Moreover, this project fosters a sense of community among fans and gamers who can collaborate, share ideas, and contribute to the mod's development.

FEATURES

As with the original, this mod will encompass a wide range of features:

• Extensive Map: A large map with several thousand provinces, meticulously crafted to reflect the geography of Middle-earth.
  • Diverse Scenarios: Numerous scenarios that span different eras and events within the LOTR universe.
  • Formable Civilizations: Iconic civilizations such as Arnor and Númenor that players can form and expand.
  • Event Chains: Detailed event chains for major nations, including a Fellowship of the Ring storyline.
  • Leaders and Realms: Leaders for all major realms, each with unique traits and abilities.
  • Cities and Fortresses: A wide variety of cities and fortresses, faithfully recreated from the lore.
  • Custom Terrain: Special terrain types for significant locations like Mordor, Rivendell, and more.
  • Government Types: Unique government types such as "Elven Kingdom" and "High Kingdom of Dúnedain."
  • Soundtrack: Authentic music from the LOTR and The Hobbit films to enhance the atmosphere.
  • Custom Icon: A beautifully designed custom icon for the mod.

New Features

Realistic Roleplay: An enhanced roleplaying experience with numerous events that react to player choices.
Mobile Version: A potential mobile version, allowing you to experience Middle-earth on the go.
Port for Age of History III: Plans to port the mod to Age of History III for a broader audience.
Discord Community: A potential Discord server where fans can suggest new scenarios and lore ideas 
to fill the LOTR Expanded Universe and foster a collaborative community.

Progress and Contributions

I'm excited to share that the soundtrack and background map are already completed. In the coming weeks, I will be focusing on expanding and refining the line map.

I welcome any suggestions or ideas you might have for this mod. Your input is invaluable in making this project the best and most accurate representation of Middle-earth possible.

JOIN THE FELLOWSHIP!

Helpers are incredibly beneficial to this project! If you're interested in contributing, please let me know. Whether you have experience with modding, lore knowledge, or just a passion for LOTR, there's a place for you in this endeavor.

Thank you for your support, and I can't wait to share more updates with you soon!

Best regards,

Galactica423

Screenshot (231).png

Screenshot (232).png

Edited by Galactica423