Age of History 3
Wayne23lololh

Concerns about modern wars (means to be simple)

Posted (edited)

Hello, I was thinking about adding a system to make modern wars a little bit more realistic, without adding a whole frontline mechanic. So here is what I propose:

Units in the tech tree starting from the 1910's will move differently, by making them only able to move to one enemy's territory at once, while keeping the feature of occupying the surrounding provinces. That means that early units would behave as it should actually do in the game.

To explain this better, I made a PowerPoint image. (the PowerPoint man returns)

Legend :

•  🇩🇪 : German units
  • Red provinces : first chosen provinces 
  • Green provinces : second chosen provinces 
  • Blue border : border limits
  • Step 1: pre-war border
  • Step 2 : border after first occupation stage
  • Step 3 : border after second occupation stage

As you can see, the chosen province in red and greed borders the limit in blue. And instead of Siege, change it to occupation stage or something like this.

Slide1.thumb.jpg.d6186386206e638f5d0138b7dcf721fd.jpg

Edited by Wayne23lololh
1. Thank you qxz 2. bring more serious

The transition in warfare tactics should be driven by technological advancements rather than being automatically implemented by a specific date, such as 1910 in your example. This approach ensures a more natural and immersive progression, rather than it being forced onto the player (which I think you would agree with).

One more thing to note is that it differs from planned invasion. Plan invasion is to direct which provinces each army would attack, while modern war mechanics are the prevention of the army to cross more than one foe's province at once.