Age of History 3
Денис Живков

Łukasz, in your game the main goal is still to take over the whole world?

Question

You see, your games don’t have this randomness. Almost all games will be practically the same and there is no alternative end to them. This idea that the game ends only when you capture the whole world was also in the previous parts. those. The game has only one ending.
But I would like something else.

• For example, an alternative ending with the Earth destroyed by nuclear bombs.
  • Or not, on the contrary, the ending is that the whole world is in peace and harmony.
  • Or I end with the invasion of synthetics from outer space.
  • Or the ending that all people have gone crazy and no longer obey the states (anarchic)
  • Or that one scientist invented ---- that make it possible to turn a person into a subordinate animal (yes, I was describing myself, but no, this is just a zombie apocalypse scenario), which can follow its leader and the end of this horde will be when the leader is killed.

Yes, the last two can be modded, but I would like the game not to be boring. So that the game would at least have the opportunity for the population who are against the current regime to rebel against the ruler. But this is probably the next idea.

@murai @AmericanLiberia@YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan @ALDI @mattxjpg @china peple @Das Moss Man@Dipto479@Lim10, @aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, @SerenDippTheGreat, @bun_dha4, @Wooodex,  @Iceman, @Comrade_Parrot, @桂圆甜不甜, @PiePants, @sanitar4ick,@Gustav Heinrich @Nisnac@Avinetta @Evis7 @AleksGame @Nay_13

@IRn@bulbanoof @RMaRe@IKayzerI @thecarvalhogamer@ecl @Kiwi@aa30388,@wbladew5,@qxz,@Wayne23lololh, @Anyone,@Nowarhia,   @Outlawexperience@GalacticCakes,   @Matvey,  @bizacjum @paul2kdj @BALONA30,   @Barbaris,  @Rodak Polak@wafflestein8@Yahya   @wbladew5,  @Mihael1@Warnnexx,  @Free City of Łódź What answer would you give to my question ?

@Łukasz Jakowski

16 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Денис Живков said:

You see, your games don’t have this randomness. Almost all games will be practically the same and there is no alternative end to them. This idea that the game ends only when you capture the whole world was also in the previous parts. those. The game has only one ending.

• Or not, on the contrary, the ending is that the whole world is in peace and harmony.
  • Or the ending that all people have gone crazy and no longer obey the states (anarchic)
  • Or that one scientist invented ---- that make it possible to turn a person into a subordinate animal (yes, I was describing myself, but no, this is just a zombie apocalypse scenario), which can follow its leader and the end of this horde will be when the leader is killed.

Yes, the last two can be modded, but I would like the game not to be boring. So that the game would at least have the opportunity for the population who are against the current regime to rebel against the ruler. But this is probably the next idea.

In addition to the options you suggested, I would add "ultra modes". At the start of the game, you can turn on events that will affect the ending of the game.

And so, I'll start in order.

• Pandemic. We know that the game will add mechanics for researching various technologies. You can add medical research, and if countries do not research medicine to a level acceptable for survival, the epidemic will destroy their population and the game will end for them. And those who have good enough technology to survive it will be able to fight in the royal battle.
  • Alien invasion. Like you said earlier, it would be cool to add aliens to the game. For example, playing in the era of the future (2100+), countries that will conduct space research (I don’t know if this will be in the game, but in the real world we have many proposals, for example, for the extraction of Helium-3 in space, and other minerals, I would request these resources for research and creation of superweapons) will be able to catch an alien signal, make contact with alien creatures, and by extracting resources in space spoil relations with the aliens, when they reach their peak - an event with an alien invasion will begin, and countries will be given the opportunity to fight for survival and win, or disappear and capitulate.
  • Nuclear war. As a fan of Hearts of Iron 4, I really love the TNO mod, and it implements a very interesting Great Judgment mechanic. This is a nuclear war between major powers. But the complete destruction of the planet can be avoided if the enemy state quickly falls. This will also be a kind of challenge, to manage to capture the enemy before the use of nuclear weapons. (TNO is a mod where the Axis forces won the Second World War, they did a lot in the world, I highly recommend playing it, interesting plot!)
  • Post-apocalypse. I hope many of you know about the Chernobyl accident, the game Stalker is very popular in the russian-ukrainian etc.  gaming segment (by the way, Stalker 2 is coming out in September), so I propose an option with a post-apocalypse, where the main task will be to bring your group (you can select it in the event after nuclear war, I described my version above). This can be combined with the Old World Blues mod, well known among Hearts of Iron 4 players. This can be used as an additional game plot after a nuclear war. Add an achievement in incentive for victory in the post-apocalypse, because to get it you will need to overcome a really difficult path, and not capture 100 provinces as in Age of History 2.
  • The Flood. If countries do not take care of the environment, glaciers will gradually melt and sea levels will rise. Countries like the Netherlands, a huge part of whose territory is below sea level, will have to build dams, and this will apply to all coastal cities, otherwise they will be flooded, that is, the province will become a sea, and it will no longer be possible to colonize or use it in any way. for other purposes other than the transfer of troops.

👇

maxresdefault.jpg

@Łukasz Jakowski

Edited by sanitar4ick
add more

23 hours ago, sanitar4ick said:

Alien invasion. Like you said earlier, it would be cool to add aliens to the game. For example, playing in the era of the future (2100+), countries that will conduct space research (I don’t know if this will be in the game, but in the real world we have many proposals, for example, for the extraction of Helium-3 in space, and other minerals, I would request these resources for research and creation of superweapons) will be able to catch an alien signal, make contact with alien creatures, and by extracting resources in space spoil relations with the aliens, when they reach their peak - an event with an alien invasion will begin, and countries will be given the opportunity to fight for survival and win, or disappear and capitulate.

Dude, the idea of a pandemic is just a test. I respect you.

So, I'll expand on the idea of a worldwide alien invasion.

Imagine that there is the latest technology - it is the colonization of other planets (behind the game world, although you can arrange battles on other planets). And there is a risk of encountering aliens. Depending on the contacts of your and other civilizations that went into space (the actions of others will depend on your actions), there will be a different outcome.

Possible consumption of endings

1. You choose enmity. Other countries are following your example. After a while, aliens invade your planet in the territory of Spain (for example) (I chose the territory of Spain by rofl, I decided to start the fight for Iberia anew)

The aliens do not have a plague on your planet, but any territory that the aliens will ascend to with the goals of war will immediately repaint in their color and acquire their religion and culture.

And then if you win, you will be able to take the post of galactic emperor and ruler of this empire.

And then if you lose against the aliens, there will be an interesting ending as they burn out the whole earth and fly away from it and leave a couple of patches of untouched land to survive in this desert world, where there is a severe famine in every burned province.

and in case of defeat, the remaining civilizations will become tribes and for a long time they will look for living patches of land to take away all the people and migrate with the total mass.

2. The process of friendly contact. In this case, these two civilizations come to galactic friendship and interstellar trade.

There is a new ending with a cutscene of friendliness and achievement in the user's profile.

3. The process of ignoring. The galactic ship flies a little, it can get bored if the 2 world power state shoots at the alien galactic ship and then 1 starts. the ending.

But this is if the second most powerful state in the world is on bad terms with yours.

If none of the states makes contact with aliens, they will slightly prevent you from building colonies on Mars. They fly from planet to planet, study, and then fence the sun with their galactic flag and fly away.

23 hours ago, sanitar4ick said:

The Flood. If countries do not take care of the environment, glaciers will gradually melt and sea levels will rise. Countries like the Netherlands, a huge part of whose territory is below sea level, will have to build dams, and this will apply to all coastal cities, otherwise they will be flooded, that is, the province will become a sea, and it will no longer be possible to colonize or use it in any way. for other purposes other than the transfer of troops.

I don’t understand a little under what conditions this can happen

1 minute ago, Reza Shah said:

We could win by forming all the formable nations. For Example:

Rome -) Kingdom Of Rome -) Kingdom Of Italy -) European Union (something like this)

And after forming the European union the game will end.

Imagine if the game has a type of Terrestrial Empire (an empire formed only if all terrestrial provinces are captured) and there is some epic ending window in the game with powerful quotes and a powerful dictator's voice reading the text. And in the background, slides with earth and images of photos of kings with the same epic music will look with transitions.

I think that some like the anarchist ending or the peace ending would be cool, something like a nuclear scenario would be pretty boring cuz the prayer could simply build enough nukes to destroy the world and then declare war on everyone and nuke them. The alien invasion could be a great game mode and a good addition to the campaign 

23 hours ago, Денис Живков said:

@murai @AmericanLiberia@YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan @ALDI @mattxjpg @china peple @Das Moss Man@Dipto479@Lim10, @aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, @SerenDippTheGreat, @bun_dha4, @Wooodex,  @Iceman, @Comrade_Parrot, @桂圆甜不甜, @PiePants, @sanitar4ick,@Gustav Heinrich @Nisnac@Avinetta @Evis7 @AleksGame @Nay_13

@IRn@bulbanoof @RMaRe@IKayzerI @thecarvalhogamer@ecl @Kiwi@aa30388,@wbladew5,@qxz,@Wayne23lololh, @Anyone,@Nowarhia,   @Outlawexperience@GalacticCakes,   @Matvey,  @bizacjum @paul2kdj @BALONA30,   @Barbaris,  @Rodak Polak@wafflestein8@Yahya   @wbladew5,  @Mihael1@Warnnexx,  @Free City of Łódź What answer would you give to my question ?

@Łukasz Jakowski

Why people tag spam?

17 hours ago, Денис Живков said:

I don’t understand a little under what conditions this can happen

Under conditions, if the whole world builds itself up with factories, then the CO2 level will increase, and when it reaches its peak, a flood event will begin.