Age of History 3
Wayne23lololh

Cultures and Related features

1 hour ago, Wayne23lololh said:

Yes, since 2 months

I fucking love your ideas. It's the best on forum, no one did better.

I beg to łukasz to add it 

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Added that cultures would be groups in ancient times, making them less precise on purpose, or there would be too many cultures to add.

Example: in 250 B.C. cultures would be Celtic, Romance (can be renamed to Latin), Germanic, Hellenic, Slavic...

You forgot an important culture, which imo should only exist when spanish culture is conquered by arab or any berber culture and attempts to assimilate them:

Andalusi, which was the culture of the iberian peninsula under muslim rule, and should be considered an iberian culture still, auto assimilatiing to spanish culture when the province is conquered

additionally, this brings us to iberian cultures, which i think should be split into:

Andalusi

Castillian (should namechange to spanish in 18th century imo)

Aragonese

Catalan (harder to assimilate by the others)

just thought those were too imp to forget, i also think that there should be some mechanic similar but better than the one in ck3 where empires split into smaller ones at some point, maybe these smaller empires could develop their own sub culture based on their name ex: byzantine lost anatolia to a revolt, the custom kingdom is named nicea or smth, soon enough if the empire has high enough dev the capital province assimilates to this new culture, from there u can adopt it and make ur own lil identity        

Cultural acceptance

Maybe cultural acceptance could be a way to bring the unions back, to unite there must be a level of cultural acceptance greater than "x" and one of the union countries cannot be too small and/or have a low economy so as not to become a exploit

Great idea, only some details. Apart from the fact that they live on the Iberian Peninsula, the Basques have nothing in common with the Spanish or Romanians. Macedonia is culturally not only Bulgarian, but mainly Serbian, and Kosovo is also culturally mainly Serbian. Finally, Montenegro is completely Serbian.

Problém by mohlo robiť, že nie vždy boly všetky kultúry takto. Teda mal by byť editor, ktorým by si to mohol nastaviť. The problem could be that not all cultures were always like this. So there should be an editor that you can use to set it up. 

That' s all. I hope Lukasz will add it.

Sorry, I forgot, Tyrol is culturally more like Austria than Italy. Italy claimed it because there was an Italian minority.

32 minutes ago, Wayne23lololh said:

For the basque ting, it was an error in the map, in the board, it is apart of romance group

lol basque was in romance group

GOD DAMN 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

There are some historical cultures which aren't present on the board, so I will create a chart to complete ethnic groups with old/extinct cultures. Anyways, cultures aren't selected in a scenario that means that the culture won't fit with the scenario. 

Cultures could intervene in rebels, which cultural differences play a role in it.