Age of History 3
Fire Quickly

Decision system

Welcome!

So, it's a small idea, which have a big potential for modding 

I propose a decision system, in this system it will be possible to make decisions; they can be either standard for each country or unique

Why is this necessary if there are missions?

Unlike a mission, decisions are more flexible and less important, decisions will differ from missions:

1)Possibility to use decision several times

2)Possibility to accept/cancel a decision 

3)Opportunity to influence a country less significantly than through missions

Decision conditions

The main element for making a decision can be legacy points

To make a decision, there may be conditions such as the existence of a power, the presence of an effect, a certain amount of treasury, the presence of a certain law, the presence of a certain adviser, ruler, the presence a certain date, presence of certain other points, the presence of a certain relationship/rivals, presence of a certain technology, presence of a completed mission, or presence of another decision used, date and so on

Of course, all this can be modified 

Example of decision that may be in the game(in each county):

Finance construction:

Requirements:

-10 legacy points to accept/cancel

Effect:

-10% money

-5% legacy points

+10% construction speed

-10% upgrade building cost

Example of decision that may be in the game(in cantrain country):

No alcohol law (In the USA):

Requirements:

date 1920+

USA tag

-20 legacy points to accept/cancel

Effects:

+10% to population growth

+5% to recruits

-100% to the cost of the alcohol resource

+5% to the cost of other products

-15% stability

+0.5% to rebels per month

I only named examples, all this may differ 

AI

AI must be able to make decisions when it has the opportunity to make it and when it sees a particular benefit in it

I hope you liked my little idea that could have great potential

Good luck to everyone 🙂

The most important thing in the decisions mechanics is the ability to use events at any convenient time (if the necessary conditions are met) at will, and not automatically. They need two type of triggers: the first indicates what conditions the decision begins to be displayed on the "decisions" panel (for example, the onset of a certain date or the outcome of another event), the second indicates what conditions are needed for the decision to be launched (for example, a civilization is at peace/war, some law has been passed and/ or any other triggers like regular events). These second conditions for each decision should be visible in the "decisions" panel.

Several months ago, I advised Lukasz to make the mobilization mechanics based on decisions: when starting decision "mobilization", a civilization (must be at war to display this decision) receives an additional manpower and a couple of low-level units ("militia") in exchange for some debuffs. When choosing the "demobilization" decisions, the effects will be deleted.

On 7/19/2024 at 8:42 AM, Mirolit said:

The most important thing in the decisions mechanics is the ability to use events at any convenient time (if the necessary conditions are met) at will, and not automatically. They need two type of triggers: the first indicates what conditions the decision begins to be displayed on the "decisions" panel (for example, the onset of a certain date or the outcome of another event), the second indicates what conditions are needed for the decision to be launched (for example, a civilization is at peace/war, some law has been passed and/ or any other triggers like regular events). These second conditions for each decision should be visible in the "decisions" panel.

Several months ago, I advised Lukasz to make the mobilization mechanics based on decisions: when starting decision "mobilization", a civilization (must be at war to display this decision) receives an additional manpower and a couple of low-level units ("militia") in exchange for some debuffs. When choosing the "demobilization" decisions, the effects will be deleted.

exactly! this and the OP ideas are awesome! i hope lukasz adds them