Age of History 3
Shinayu

"Kidnapping" the Conscripted of the enemies

I had wondered about a feature that I think it's quite interesting, (I don't know how to call, so I'll call it as) "Conscription Kidnapping".

How it works

After you declare war on the enemy, they will naturally start to recruit new troops, and these new troops must be recruited somewhere, right?... Based on this point, this feature will work... What if you occupy the place of recruiting before they are ready?

The feature would work something like this: Randomly, 20% ~ 80% of their forces would retreat to get ready in another place and be deployed, on the other hand, the remaining would be captured or join to your army. the effectiveness could increase in areas where the enemy doesn't have core or not the major ethnicity

I wondered about  some examples (both in alt scenarios and historical scenarios) where it could be useful, I'll just write about one example:

Hannibal's Italian Campaign

after crossing the Alps, Hannibal needed to recruit celtic people to his ranks, if the "Conscription Kidnapping" be implemented, in a scenario for the 2nd Punic War it could be possible to steal Roman troops while they're being trained.

On 7/21/2024 at 4:21 AM, BigCrow said:

Interesting 

Yep, like, in some occasions it could be useful to fill the gaps in the army

E.g.:

You are playing as Finland in WW2

If you advance on lands where the Soviets are recruiting and major core is finnish, then you'll have advantage in stealing troops, but if it also is the same religion as Finland, the effectiveness would be even higher.