Age of History 3
Marerjh

Suggestions for scenario editor's QoL improvements

What is your opinion on the suggestions?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello. 
I love creating scenarios🙂. In fact, my 300 hours on the Steam version of Age of History 2 are spent creating and editing my own scenarios. I've watched all the videos about the new editor and would like to express my wishes for some improvements that I think are missing.

• Religion. I saw that the religion of a civilization cannot be changed in the editor. Instead, it is determined during the creation of the civilization. This worries me, because I am sure that there will be situations when the religion of a civilization does not correspond to the historical date (see the conversion of Rome, Kievan Rus, Khazar Judaism, European states during the Reformation, and so on). I would like to be able to change the religion of a civilization in the scenario editor.
  • Opinion. In Age of History 2, it was possible to edit the target civilization's opinion of the active civilization as well as the active civilization's opinion of the target. In Age of History 3, it seems that opinion is always mutual. In that case, I think it should be called “relations” because “opinion” doesn't have to be mutual. If someone owns the provinces that I consider to be mine, it does not mean that this “someone” has a bad opinion of me, even though I am angry with him. If this is supposed to be an “opinion”, then I would like to see the possibility of editing it independently.
  • Buildings. Currently, buildings in each province have to be defined separately, meaning that if I want to cover the entire territory of France with farms, I have to click on each of the hundreds of provinces. If it is not possible to assign buildings to several provinces at once, then I do not see the point of this editor. What is its purpose? To add a hospital to a few of the largest cities in Europe? What will this change for the player? Even if so, the ability to set up buildings for several provinces at once would be useful.
  • Diplomatic agreements. In Age of History 2, it was possible to form diplomatic agreements simply by transferring the name of one civilization to the territory of another. In the new editor, it seems to me that you need to click on each state and confirm the creation of a connection by clicking a button. This is not critical, but it does not seem very convenient.
  • Duration of diplomatic agreements. It seems that the duration of all signed agreements is 15 years. It would be nice to be able to change the duration.
  • Search for civilizations. When Ɓukasz determines the amount of gold or population for civilizations, he scrolls through a long list to find the right civilization. I would like to see the possibility to find or even enter the numbers by simply clicking on the civilization on the map - click and enter the number on the numpad. This feature was available in Age of History 2.
  • Occupation. I dreamed of this feature back in 2018. The ability to specify that certain provinces are occupied at the start of the scenario would add depth to the scenarios.

And that's it. I'm looking forward to the game's release!
P.S. Ɓukasz, if you're reading this, what is the point of optimization regions?????????

On 7/23/2024 at 7:51 PM, Marerjh said:

Hello. 
I love creating scenarios🙂. In fact, my 300 hours on the Steam version of Age of History 2 are spent creating and editing my own scenarios. I've watched all the videos about the new editor and would like to express my wishes for some improvements that I think are missing.

• Religion. I saw that the religion of a civilization cannot be changed in the editor. Instead, it is determined during the creation of the civilization. This worries me, because I am sure that there will be situations when the religion of a civilization does not correspond to the historical date (see the conversion of Rome, Kievan Rus, Khazar Judaism, European states during the Reformation, and so on). I would like to be able to change the religion of a civilization in the scenario editor.
  • Opinion. In Age of History 2, it was possible to edit the target civilization's opinion of the active civilization as well as the active civilization's opinion of the target. In Age of History 3, it seems that opinion is always mutual. In that case, I think it should be called “relations” because “opinion” doesn't have to be mutual. If someone owns the provinces that I consider to be mine, it does not mean that this “someone” has a bad opinion of me, even though I am angry with him. If this is supposed to be an “opinion”, then I would like to see the possibility of editing it independently.
  • Buildings. Currently, buildings in each province have to be defined separately, meaning that if I want to cover the entire territory of France with farms, I have to click on each of the hundreds of provinces. If it is not possible to assign buildings to several provinces at once, then I do not see the point of this editor. What is its purpose? To add a hospital to a few of the largest cities in Europe? What will this change for the player? Even if so, the ability to set up buildings for several provinces at once would be useful.
  • Diplomatic agreements. In Age of History 2, it was possible to form diplomatic agreements simply by transferring the name of one civilization to the territory of another. In the new editor, it seems to me that you need to click on each state and confirm the creation of a connection by clicking a button. This is not critical, but it does not seem very convenient.
  • Duration of diplomatic agreements. It seems that the duration of all signed agreements is 15 years. It would be nice to be able to change the duration.
  • Search for civilizations. When Ɓukasz determines the amount of gold or population for civilizations, he scrolls through a long list to find the right civilization. I would like to see the possibility to find or even enter the numbers by simply clicking on the civilization on the map - click and enter the number on the numpad. This feature was available in Age of History 2.
  • Occupation. I dreamed of this feature back in 2018. The ability to specify that certain provinces are occupied at the start of the scenario would add depth to the scenarios.

And that's it. I'm looking forward to the game's release!
P.S. Ɓukasz, if you're reading this, what is the point of optimization regions?????????

Religion: Very important
Opinion: I don't understand
Buildings: Very important
Diplomatic agreements: I don't understand
Duration of diplomatic agreements: Important, i want to see this in game
Search for civilizations: I don't understand, can you explain this for me?
Occupation: Most important feature from this list for me!!!! I'd created a post with this idea several months ago. I very want to see this in game.

21 minutes ago, bleu said:

Search for civilizations: I don't understand, can you explain this for me?

image.png.6edc1fa0ff507f49e89947d64e8b4446.png

Look at this. This is where Lukas sets the amount of gold for civilizations. The only way to do this is to scroll through the list and click on the civilization you want. If there are 500 civilizations, he has to scroll through them all.

image.thumb.png.4b312da2c6d9cecea0fe4632fa17fadc.png

In Age of History 2 it worked like this. You just choose civilization on the map and move the slider. I thought I could specify the value by pressing numbers on the keyboard, but this is not the case.

2 minutes ago, Marerjh said:

Look at this. This is where Lukas sets the amount of gold for civilizations. The only way to do this is to scroll through the list and click on the civilization you want. If there are 500 civilizations, he has to scroll through them all.

In Age of History 2 it worked like this. You just choose civilization on the map and move the slider. I thought I could specify the value by pressing numbers on the keyboard, but this is not the case.

Thanks, now i understand. Then you idea is great!

30 minutes ago, bleu said:

Opinion: I don't understand

image.png.8a66594b8a1e383358e077759399174d.png

Opinion is mutual in Age of History 3. 

image.thumb.png.076aee065ae6dacecfe68151cb26c82b.png

In Age of History 2, you can specify how civilizations view each other. You can make civ1 friendly to civ2, but at the same time, civ2 can be neutral to civ1.

1 minute ago, Marerjh said:

image.png.8a66594b8a1e383358e077759399174d.png

Opinion is mutual in Age of History 3. 

image.thumb.png.076aee065ae6dacecfe68151cb26c82b.png

In Age of History 2, you can specify how civilizations view each other. You can make civ1 friendly to civ2, but at the same time, civ2 can be neutral to civ1.

Thanks, i wasn't know that there isn't this feature in AOH3 

34 minutes ago, bleu said:

Diplomatic agreements: I don't understand

image.png.b658b6e7a162ca3e66e6fc6b90a99989.pngimage.png.b7525272da175fdbc418cc255c08b8b9.png

In Age of History 2 I could just press and hold the mouse button over the civ1, then move cursor to the territory of civ2. This will create agreement between them.

image.png.faf006646e0b8f5e17560aa4921042fe.png

In Age of History 3, you have to confirm all these actions. It just makes the process a little longer, but nothing critical.

10 minutes ago, Marerjh said:

WE DEMAND SEARCH BAR IN THIS LUKASZ

4 minutes ago, Marerjh said:

image.png.b658b6e7a162ca3e66e6fc6b90a99989.pngimage.png.b7525272da175fdbc418cc255c08b8b9.png

In Age of History 2 I could just press and hold the mouse button over the civ1, then move cursor to the territory of civ2. This will create agreement between them.

image.png.faf006646e0b8f5e17560aa4921042fe.png

In Age of History 3, you have to confirm all these actions. It just makes the process a little longer, but nothing critical.

Thanks, i want to have this in game for simplify creating scenarios

Posted (edited)

I noticed that a declaration of war requires relations with the target civilization to be lower than -50. I wish for this value to be modifiable with eras and governments (if specified, they will override an era's value). This will be extremely useful for mod creators to represent ancient eras or aggressive types of governments.

Some governments should not be available to choose. For example, I want to create a Roman monarchy with bonuses made for Rome. The only way to acquire this government should be throught events or scenario editor.

Edited by Marerjh