Age of History 3
Wayne23lololh

Forms of expansions

Posted (edited)

Hello,

We all know how colonization works for now in AoH3. I propose to bring more depth to this feature, because it still seems to be to OP and simple.

Firstly to bring more depth, is when you colonize a province, there should be a form of resistance by the local population (tribes), before you control it. This would work like sieges, but with a risk of failed conquest according to the local population. Settlers should travel with the protection of units to make conquests successful, because settlers should be protected.

The second point is the Colonial Act should be renamed to the Expansionary Act, due to the change that I will propose right now. The Expansionary Act should have the following options: 

1. Wars only: the country can expand only by war. We all know how it would be. 

2. Conquest allowed: the country is allowed to conquer provinces up to 10 provinces away. Sea provinces are include.

3. Colonization allowed: all types of expansion are allowed, including colonization. Colonization will allow the country to conquer land which is other continents, and create colonies there.

I know there were multi-continental empires which were not colonial, so colonization would be divided in two steps. The first one is making the law relevant only for the American continent (1490's) and coastal African provinces, then the rest of the African, Asian and Oceanian continent (1830's).

Screenshot2024-07-2713_17_12.png.ccabc6971dfb7b93165ef544198553cd.png  A screenshot from:  Age of History 3 - Colonization, Promote Advisor 

In addition, it just needs to cross tribal countries borders to declare wars when these laws are allowed. 

Finally, I talked about how the mechanic for colonies should be. Here is one of my previous topics:

As always, thank you for reading and I'm free to any comment

Edited by Wayne23lololh
edited a bit