Age of History 3
OwnM3Z0

Settlers: A Revamp Of Assimilation and core construction - Idea For AOH3

the idea is really simple, civilizations can't just construct cores and magically expect the people to assimilate within 50 years, instead the process of assimilation will be really slow, so to stabilize provinces and possibly make them your core you must send settlers, yep, the same settler units you send for colonization, these settlers will arrive into the provinces and begin to slowly make a dent in the demographics, this could cause instability and give you an event where your settlers are being attacked in X provinces, allowing you to justify a massacure and kill 20-40% of the native population, this CAN however cause massive instability in the surrounding provinces, and will cost you both a fortune, or it could justify MORE GENOCIDE (reminds me of an ideology in the real world aswell that uses the same justifications.. i wonder who tho) or a possible outcome is that maybe your relationship with your neighbours who could take advantage of this and attack you to ''liberate the oppressed x people'' and release them as vassals on the territory you JUST genocided

thoughts?

10 hours ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

the idea is really simple, civilizations can't just construct cores and magically expect the people to assimilate within 50 years, instead the process of assimilation will be really slow, so to stabilize provinces and possibly make them your core you must send settlers, yep, the same settler units you send for colonization, these settlers will arrive into the provinces and begin to slowly make a dent in the demographics, this could cause instability and give you an event where your settlers are being attacked in X provinces, allowing you to justify a massacure and kill 20-40% of the native population, this CAN however cause massive instability in the surrounding provinces, and will cost you both a fortune, or it could justify MORE GENOCIDE (reminds me of an ideology in the real world aswell that uses the same justifications.. i wonder who tho) or a possible outcome is that maybe your relationship with your neighbours who could take advantage of this and attack you to ''liberate the oppressed x people'' and release them as vassals on the territory you JUST genocided

thoughts?

Except for the assimilation part, this would be cool idea for colonised wasteland provinces.

The neighbouring nations attacking you to liberate X people would be a nice but rather annoying feature.

9 hours ago, Vmosnokia said:

Except for the assimilation part, this would be cool idea for colonised wasteland provinces.

The neighbouring nations attacking you to liberate X people would be a nice but rather annoying feature.

it WAS annoying historically

The assimilation (and genocide lol) ideas are pretty unfunny even to imagine. Actually would make the game more annoying than anything, like @Vmosnokia say. But sending people to form settlements on other provinces sounds damn cool

On 7/27/2024 at 7:09 PM, OwnM3Z0 said:

thoughts?

I like the idea (for the massacre)

15 hours ago, AmericanLiberia said:

The assimilation (and genocide lol) ideas are pretty unfunny even to imagine. Actually would make the game more annoying than anything, like @Vmosnokia say. But sending people to form settlements on other provinces sounds damn cool

Maybe not the genocide but i think coring should work by sending settlers to speed up assimilation to conquered provinces

On 7/29/2024 at 9:44 AM, bleu said:

Lukasz was saying that genocide wouldn't be in the game.

I agree but he should still give us some evil options, like building labor camps for prisoners to increase income. Or instead allow us to change how prisons operate in the law system, from rehabilitation to punishment, to labor camps.