Age of History 3
Wayne23lololh

Government change

If anyone doesn't wanna read allat I will summarize it for you, basically he's suggesting something about government changes and dynamic monarchy

3 hours ago, Siamese said:

If anyone doesn't wanna read allat I will summarize it for you, basically he's suggesting something about government changes and dynamic monarchy

What ? There just need to read the title

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but Lukasz already said something about keep you can change your government like Aoh2. You can always lock government types and make events/missions to change it like in Age of Imperialism

Edited by EdgeLord

4 hours ago, Fire Quickly said:

I like this idea so much, some things like government changing really lacking in strategy games 

I'm completely agree with you. Here, it's not like i'm stealing ideas from HoI4, I don't even have this game

On 8/8/2024 at 6:45 PM, Wayne23lololh said:

Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, it is my pleasure to introduce you to how government change should work. If I suppose, the current way to change the government is to click on another one in the government tab. It's too simple and it didn't put forward the potential of such an interesting mechanic. 

However, this should not consign to oblivion the improvement of governments between these two games.

Group ID

Firstly, the existence of a group ID will bring the consistency of the government, making countries with its governments belonging from the same group ID more likely to have good relations, which leads to a more coherent diplomacy between players to Ai, or Ai to Ai. But the addition of a sub-group ID for the government will diverge each set of ideology and will put forward the differences of some governmental variants. 

For example, Marxism, Leninism, Maoism and Titoism will be in the same group, but Marxism and Leninism will be in the same subgroup, and Maoism and Titoism will be in an independent subgroup. 

Additionally, the government should be grouped according to their group ID. 

Laws

The second point is laws that need to have a required government. This led for the community to bring more diversity to laws, making them more interesting for role-play and immersion, thus, will contribute to the game being more long lasting. There is for now no suggestion to utter here. 

Tech tree

The third point is the government unlocked via the technology tree, along with units, building, tactics, etc... . This feature would make the apparition of a certain government at the right time. 

Revolutionist option

Finally, the revolutionist option is something we still don't have any information about.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Now, let's start with how the government should change. There will be two ways to do it, with other factors such as group ID, revolutionist options, aggressive expansion, war weariness, stability and unrest. All these factors will increase the success rate of a government change.

Peaceful

The first way is peaceful. It consists of the moment when the player chooses another government who is in the same group ID as the current one. If an election system is added, then the player should wait for the next election, with the chosen government having a bigger chance of being elected. In the case of an election system being not in the game, a government change will be put in application only after a determined time, between 1000 and 3000 days.

Revolution

The second way is more radical and fierce. It consists of making a government switch in the objective to overthrow the current government. In short, a civil war. It will be organized in two steps. Right after the player chooses a government, it needs to select up to 40% of the country's territory. Then, the revolutionist government should mobilize its army in the selected provinces. The player civilization already changes to the revolutionist government. Finally, the revolutionist group declares a revolution.

It will be possible only when the chosen government differs in group ID from the current one. 

Bonus Coup

A potential way, related from a spy is making a coup. This should be highly not recommended. This would work like a revolution, but instead of mobilizing an army, the revolutionist group organized a coup d'état. If the coup is successful, the government changes, but all its subjects are liberated, since their lord has been killed. If the coup is a fiasco, then the revolutionist group is disbanded, and the player's civilization will be punished, that's the risk though. 

Thank you for your meaningful reading. Have a good day. 👍

I don't think Łukasz would ever go into types of ideology like Marxist or Titoist because it's oddly over-detailed and ... rather controversial. This also means that Łukasz also needs to add more ideas to ideologies like Democracy (i.e. Popular Democracy, Social Democracy) and Monarchy (i.e. Constitutional Monarchy, Absolute Monarchy). That's just my thought.

Anyways, the rest is interesting, especially the Group I.D. (Since the AI_TYPE barely change much).

7 hours ago, Vmosnokia said:

I don't think Łukasz would ever go into types of ideology like Marxist or Titoist because it's oddly over-detailed and ... rather controversial. This also means that Łukasz also needs to add more ideas to ideologies like Democracy (i.e. Popular Democracy, Social Democracy) and Monarchy (i.e. Constitutional Monarchy, Absolute Monarchy). That's just my thought.

Anyways, the rest is interesting, especially the Group I.D. (Since the AI_TYPE barely change much).

I assume that my example wasn't that right, thank you for the correction.

Posted (edited)

New government type : Demilitarized zone

A demilitarized zone is a geographical area located between two territories occupied by armies or army groups, where military activity is prohibited or greatly reduced.

This government is only and only available during the peace treaty and maybe in the scenario editor. Obviously, the demilitarized zone will be temporary, from 6 months to 100 years (the longest occupation in history was in West Bank 😔, 1967–present).

To create one, a Create a Demilitarized Zone  button will be created. The demilitarized zone flag should be the same as the winner, the civilization color is the same as the winner and will be "occupied" term before the name of the country, for example, when the USA won against Japan, the latter becomes "Occupied Japan" for 5 years.

Slide1.thumb.jpg.36c839164a2aef5c5f1b0ab5e2f9ba07.jpg

Edited by Wayne23lololh