Age of History 3

Posted (edited)

Cores must be an important element of diplomacy. Owning a core means that you consider conquering it, because such a province doesn't require the creation of a new one and will immediately provide full income. Imagine a situation when AI controls provinces with your cores on them. You might not even care about these provinces, but AI will still consider them when building up an opinion about you. To exclude these situations, it should be possible to lose cores. There might be different ways:

• Willing abandonment. You can freely abandon your cores, which results in a bonus to relations with the target civilization (+1 per abandoned core).
  • Losing cores as part of the peace deal. The winner can force the defeated civilization to abandon its cores. When annexing provinces, there are two options:
    • Annex provinces with cores. Cheaper one in terms of warscore.
    • Annex provinces and force civilization to abandon cores. It requires more warscore.
    • You can force civilization to abandon its core provinces that you already own.
  • Aging. Civilization loses its core if a province isn't controlled for 15 years straight. The timer ticks when less than 25% of the population is of this civilization. The number of years may be increased with Civilization advantage (+5 years per point) and Legacies. The cores of non-existing civilizations will last for 200 years, starting from the moment when civilization ceased to exist.
Edited by Marerjh

9 minutes ago, YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan said:

if Poland Returned 90 years after IRL it would Have No Cores

thats a massive issue that i actually agree with, i don't like the core system because it's too full of plotholes and stuff that makes no sense, i will soon make a topic about smth i think is a great replacement for cores

3 hours ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

thats a massive issue that i actually agree with, i don't like the core system because it's too full of plotholes and stuff that makes no sense, i will soon make a topic about smth i think is a great replacement for cores

I like the use of plot holes here, the story of aoh3

53 minutes ago, Das Moss Man said:

I like the use of plot holes here, the story of aoh3

yeah lol, plotholes as in it doesnt make any sense in the plot of how things play out in real life