Age of History 3
Casual

For those who wounders about why Lukasz don't add some obvious features to AOH3.

Posted (edited)

Hello! In this post, I'll explain why Lukasz hasn’t added some of the requested features. I hope that after reading this, people will stop blaming Lukasz.

Let’s start with the most requested feature: Multiplayer. Wouldn’t it be great to play with your friends online? Yes, it would be obviously cool, so why hasn’t Lukasz added it?

Firstly, the game may not give enough money to pay for servers. Maybe Lukasz doesn’t want to add multiplayer until he’s sure that the game is popular enough. If it does, he might add multiplayer in a future update.

Secondly, the time skip. In AOH3, there’s a time-accelerating system that wouldn’t work in multiplayer for understandable reasons. So why not just turn it off in multiplayer? It’s because the game has multiple activities that benefit from changing time speed. For example, if you’re building something, you’d crank up the time speed. If you’re in an intense war, you’d slow down time. That’s not an important problem, but it is somewhat valuable.

Lastly, multiplayer may cause a lot of bugs and make the game unstable.

The next feature is: Unions (not onions). They existed in AOH2, but why not in AOH3? I’m talking about the ability for two countries to merge into one, which can be used as an exploit to conquer others without actually declaring war. The same applies to Trade and Ultimatum; these features let you outsmart the AI to gain land and money out of nothing.

Thanks for reading! 

Edited by Casual

Wow, lo del multijugador es Obio, ya había hecho una plublicasion de ello, 

Buena plublicasion

On 9/10/2024 at 12:22 AM, Lucasimerles said:

aoh3 can take idea from hoi4 about time accelerating and that host can stop and resume for me that quote was nonsense 

There would many players in game, right? Some of them may be at war, some of them may be developing country at same moment. Host controlling time acceleration won't help. Hoi4 and AoH3 have completely different gameplay at this point. 

On 9/11/2024 at 1:54 PM, Casual said:

There would many players in game, right? Some of them may be at war, some of them may be developing country at same moment. Host controlling time acceleration won't help. Hoi4 and AoH3 have completely different gameplay at this point. 

ur acting like theres no justifies,researches,army development in hoi4 hoi4 is much more developed than aoh3 and has more mechanics  and the servers should be hosted from discord servers and members should be in voice chat or atleast active in chat if somethings happening

2 hours ago, Lucasimerles said:

ur acting like theres no justifies,researches,army development in hoi4 hoi4 is much more developed than aoh3 and has more mechanics  and the servers should be hosted from discord servers and members should be in voice chat or atleast active in chat if somethings happening

In my post, I said that it's not too important problem. Lets just stop this stupid debate.

2 hours ago, Lucasimerles said:

Okay, pay the server then

I think there are many ways to make trades, ultimatums and unions balanced

for example get rid of the declare war on the trade and make it so you can only trade provinces you have a core on

make it so unions can only happen once with maxed out opinion and in alliance and only on neighboring nations, unions are way to important in history to not have

to make ultimatums balanced all you need to do is take away forced vassalisation , keep military access and make it so you can only demand provinces you have a core on and make it so you can only do it to your neighbors, make  it so it  increases your aggression and decreases opinion of all surrounding nations that is not an ally or vassal, and if you declare war using ultimatum nations have a chance of joining in against you

Edited by HaSa

52 minutes ago, HaSa said:

I think there are many ways to make trades, ultimatums and unions balanced

for example get rid of the declare war on the trade and make it so you can only trade provinces you have a core on

make it so unions can only happen once with maxed out opinion and in alliance and only on neighboring nations, unions are way to important in history to not have

to make ultimatums balanced all you need to do is take away forced vassalisation , keep military access and make it so you can only demand provinces you have a core on and make it so you can only do it to your neighbors, make  it so it  increases your aggression and decreases opinion of all surrounding nations that is not an ally or vassal, and if you declare war using ultimatum nations have a chance of joining in against you

Also im pretty sure he would need to reprogram the entire game in c++ to make multiplayer