Age of History 3
Marerjh

AI and diplomacy notes

2 hours ago, Wayne23lololh said:

imo, for the first point, installing a province limit for each rank and making AI more likely to unite a region will be enough for border gore.

We shall still note that the game is still not finished (the release date is in almost two months).

I don't like this. Limiting AI and forcing it to conquer specific provinces is poor idea and will make it even weaker. Instead, civilizations should antagonize with civilizations within same rank (minor - minor, major - major). Minor civilizations should seeknfor alliances with Major powers to defend themselves and fight their rivals. Major powers should use minors to fight another majors. This will prevent majors from border-goring across continent 

9 hours ago, Marerjh said:

civilizations should antagonize with civilizations within same rank (minor - minor, major - major)

I absolutely endorse this concept. Civilizations should antagonize with civilizations which have similar rank - the less provinces the civilization have, the smaller neighbors they should rival with.

And if a minor civilization starts to become surrounded by greater powers (or powers that are in an ally, or vassals and its greater lord etc), its AI should struggle to improve relations with them, in order not to get conquered or vasalized. In a nutshell: it should do everyting to remain sovereign, not attack them😅 

13 hours ago, Marerjh said:

At 1:16:30, Frankfurt (one province minor) declared war on Lukasz's ally, which led to war with Lukasz itself. At this moment, Lukasz had already taken half of Germany and was extremely powerful, so Frankfurt had no chance. Why has it declared war?

It looks as if Frankfurt forgot about the diplomacy and obvious fact there is someone's bigger behind attacked civilization. And this is exacly a sutiation where a rule mentioned above should apply: do not attack your neighbour if its lord is more powerful than you. AI should consider such things.

Edited by kurdebalans

On 9/2/2024 at 9:07 AM, YusufAliDE said:

AI is exactly the same as AoH2 AI 

does that mean the AI won't make alliances, send gifts and make good trades? since that was so rare 

I can count on my fingers the number of times an alliance or gift request was sent to me (normally when playing as a one province nation) and the AI just doesn't offer any good trades whatsoever

2 hours ago, HaSa said:

does that mean the AI won't make alliances, send gifts and make good trades? since that was so rare 

I can count on my fingers the number of times an alliance or gift request was sent to me (normally when playing as a one province nation) and the AI just doesn't offer any good trades whatsoever

Nah, Lukasz still has 2 months to polish it.

18 hours ago, Marerjh said:

Heh. I think rivaling should result in a huge relations decrease, or at least end friendness 😛Screenshot_20240907_155219_YouTube.thumb.jpg.7c01814c2895864a9bf1b85557ccde34.jpg

Time passes but same problems remain😆

I really hope Mr Łukasz will improve AI's behavior when it comes to diplomacy before the game's release. Because now it still gives AoH2 vibes which are far from perfect