Age of History 3
Rodak Polak

About new video from September

50 minutes ago, Rodak Polak said:

Border gore hurts my eyes so much. There are a few problems in the current version of AoH3:

• Having vassals is too strong, but at the same time the AI does not create vassals. Therefore, countries that start the game with vassals will be unbeatable. Likewise, the player, as the only thinking being in the game, will be unbeatable when freeing his vassals (because AI doesn't create vassals)
  • There must be an option to annex vassals. Otherwise, the borders will be so painful that the game will be unplayable
  • If there is an option to annex vassals, there must also be an option for the vassal to rebel against the lord (The film shows that England has vassalized Castile. If there is no option to annex a vassal or a vassal rebellion and there is an option to prohibit the vassal from declaring war, then Castile will be a vassal of England forever)
  • Holy Roman Empire - why is it that when someone attacks your vassal, it also drags you into the war, but if someone attacks a country from HRE, no one helps this country?? He should be helped by other HRE countries, led by the Emperor
  • It seems that AI is not developing its country at all - you, having only one province with wood, became the largest producer of wood, even though Sweden had 13 provinces with wood (This is because you have developed your production efficiency to 100%, and Sweden has completely ignored it with only 10%.)
  • Just like in AoH2, countries do not use diplomacy at all (We have so many diplomatic options in AoH3 and the AI only uses four (improve relations, worsen relations, establish a rival and declare war)
  • If AI has a friendly civilization, it should immediately try to sign an alliance with it (This is obvious since each country has a limit on possible alliances)
  • Why is it possible to sign a non-aggression pact only with a country that likes us? Completely illogical - why sign a nonaggression pact with a country that will not attack us anyway, because it would need a relationship with us at -25???
  • There is a limit of 3 rivals, so each country immediately tries to have 3 rivals - logical
  • There is a limit of 1 or 2 allies, but no country even tries to form an alliance or defense pact (which is a defense alliance) - completely illogical
  • Selling provinces is ridiculously cheap. They should be at least 20 times more expensive

SUMMARIZE

• AI making alliances, defense pacts and guaranteeing independence - MUST BE. The lack of this was AoH2's biggest flaw
  • Without the option of annexing a vassal and vassal rebellion (also used by AI), the resulting mess on the map will make the game impossible to play - I literally got tired of watching your latest video and was counting down to the end 😕

I would add a few more things:

-  no attrition (220k army in one provinces without no problem in 1480 year)

- Too big and too cheap armies for small countries 

- useless stability and war weariness. Minimal impact on the country at least what we have seen and to shouldshown as in games of paradox 

- Agressive expansion. Conquering most of West Germany without any consequences

- Much longer sieges (up to XIX) and more difficult wars

Edited by bizacjum

27 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

To annex a vassal, you must declare war on them

This is awesome. It can be like that. But it would be good if a country had vassals, it would first try to absorb them. Only after it absorbs them, it would start attacking other countries.

20 minutes ago, bizacjum said:

Too big and too cheap armies for small countries 

I would also significantly increase the cost of maintaining each unit (example of current Russia - during the war in Ukraine the army dramatically reduced its budget and now spends about 20% of GDP on the army, I think)
Maintaining the maximum army should be more expensive (in the last movie there was no situation where the income was negative!!! it is impossible during war. Exceeding the regiments limit should increase the maintaining cost 10 times)

27 minutes ago, bizacjum said:

Agressive expansion. Conquering most of West Germany without any consequences

I also noticed that this is still an unused mechanism. I hope that will change

26 minutes ago, Rodak Polak said:

Exceeding the regiments limit should increase the maintaining cost 10 times)

Exactly. As for now it only icreases regiments cost by 200%... from 12 to 24🤣

Edited by Marerjh

I really like what you are creating and I can’t wait for the release day, but I would change a few things in the game. Actually, I would change one thing (because as I understand it, work is still ongoing to ensure that the AI uses all options when it comes to diplomacy), which is how the AI uses the army. In my opinion, the AI should first occupy border areas and thus conquer other countries to avoid chasing enemy units all over the country. Maybe the AI should also, instead of having a few large and strong armies, split them into smaller ones to cover the entire border. 

Please don't treat it as hate, but rather as a suggestion. I'm so grateful to you for making this game, because I know it's going to give me hours of fun. What difficulty level did you play? 😛

Edited by marszalek

Everyone needs to chill out fr, the game hasn't even hit Beta yet, If the finished AOH3 was a burger, then the current version is meant to still be a cow eating grass in lukasz backyard, don't get too cocky and forget that we're getting updates 

No lo vi de esa forma :0 Esque me emociona que estamos a nada del lanzamiento, yo soy de celular y talves la versión de Android salga después pero no me puedo espera aver los videos que hará la gente, espero que Lucas les todos los comentarios de la gente y que aga un GRAN juego oh al menos uno decente y  Genial 😎