Age of History 3
kylypytakki

Questions about the development of the AI in the game

I commented this on Youtube on the latest AOH3 video so I'll just copy and paste it here:

Can the AI also release vassals with it's selected provinces, go colonize the new world, or merge (by annexing for an example) and form new empires like Austria-Hungary? something like that would be really cool especially if there would be a scramble to colonize Africa and other regions during a time period like an "Age of colonization" or an "Age of expansion"

So basically can the AI do the same things as the player can, something like releasing vassals is a thing I personally haven't seen ever happening in AOH2, also, this is just my opinion, but I think the endgames in AOH2 become just pure chaos, maybe it's fun for other players, but for me it kind of just becomes a mess without any rules to make it less chaotic, it feels like the AI countries aren't trying to become stronger economically or development wise, but just bigger in size and then there are just 3 massive nations spanning across the continents and if you don't play similarly to the AI (by just rapidly expanding), it becomes impossible to compete with the massive continentwide AI nations. So I guess my question is; is the AI more strategic in what decisions it makes, and doesn't just actively try to conquer everything whilst not having any regard for it's own war weariness or economy. (I would also like to add that I don't know if any of this is possible or how hard it is to make the AI like this, but hopefully the AI is still more competent than it was in AOH2)

Edited by kylypytakki
Made it shorter