Too bad upgrading the capital is a cheap number like 250 gold,
The other upgrades are the same way and my suggestion is this:
Upgrades should be priced according to the country's scores
Example:
The price of upgrading the capital city (Berlin): 8000 gold
Capital(Trieste) upgrade price:1000 gold
Military academy (Ottomans) upgrade price:9000 gold
Military academy (Byzantine) upgrade price:4000 gold
These values can be priced with a specific calculation.
As the country grows (income and scores), the price increases

@Lukasz Jakowski 

28 minutes ago, Marerjh said:

I think it should be based on amount of population. But 9000 gold is too much. It should be somewhere between 250 and 750.

a maximum of 5000 makes more sense because big countries can easily upgrade it and this means that this mechanic is nothing more than a buff(Imagine you are playing the US and it is a very cheap upgrade for you)
it can should be Economy, Growth rate, Population based

Edited by YusufAliDE

14 hours ago, YusufAliDE said:

a maximum of 5000 makes more sense because big countries can easily upgrade it and this means that this mechanic is nothing more than a buff(Imagine you are playing the US and it is a very cheap upgrade for you)
it can should be Economy, Growth rate, Population based

Well, that's the point of developing and conquering. You become big and gather more resources to improve provinces you're interested in. 

Let's imagine that you earn 150 gold every month. With maximum of 5000, it would take almost 3 years of gold accumulating just to upgrade capital. No other expenditures, just passive accumulation.

Germany earns 46 gold at the start of the WW2 scenario. Ukraine does the same in the Modern World scenario. So, as you see, it will take forever to upgrade capital.

I think it would be better if capital upgrade wasn't instantly, and instead took like 1000 days. In this case, you will invest 500 coins without getting anything in return. Only after three years you will see the effects of your investment.

Edited by Marerjh

8 hours ago, Marerjh said:

Well, that's the point of developing and conquering. You become big and gather more resources to improve provinces you're interested in. 

Let's imagine that you earn 150 gold every month. With maximum of 5000, it would take almost 3 years of gold accumulating just to upgrade capital. No other expenditures, just passive accumulation.

Germany earns 46 gold at the start of the WW2 scenario. Ukraine does the same in the Modern World scenario. So, as you see, it will take forever to upgrade capital.

Im too lazy to read them all. 
from what I understand, I think the common problem is directly related to this mechanism itself