Age of History 3
OwnM3Z0

I figured out how to stop potential piracy for aoh3

i dunno if this idea is even applicable, but the concept is that upon installing the game and opening it you're unable to play the game unless you access this website (or section of the forums here if u want) where you have to either provide your epic store reciept or steam purchase code (i think thats how it works in steam idk) and you then have to pin those codes to an email that you can use for logging in on other devices like mobile or another computer maybe

Could work; however I do not believe many people are going to want that no matter how easy it is

think of the potential hundreds of thousands of people who buy the game I doubt Lukasz or any one has the time to confirm all those codes on top of the fact Steam already has many ways of detecting pirated games which would be much easier and less intrusive

8 minutes ago, HaSa said:

Could work; however I do not believe many people are going to want that no matter how easy it is

think of the potential hundreds of thousands of people who buy the game I doubt Lukasz or any one has the time to confirm all those codes on top of the fact Steam already has many ways of detecting pirated games which would be much easier and less intrusive

the game is being converted into local currency aswell, there is no way it will be enough money if lukasz Doesn't make some unique way to fight piracy, especially for a game like AOH3 that will undoubtably attract alot of attention for it's simplicity

4 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

the game is being converted into local currency aswell, there is no way it will be enough money if lukasz Doesn't make some unique way to fight piracy, especially for a game like AOH3 that will undoubtably attract alot of attention for it's simplicity

I'm unsure if that is viable, I have done much research into piracy and why people pirate and I must say if someone wants to pirate they will pirate and nothing will stop them, even if no piracy existed they just wouldn't buy the game

think of all the £60 games that cost millions to make, they get pirated more often but still make there money back, Lukasz spent much less on his game so he will definitely make a big profit, plus his game is cheaper then a triple A game so less people will pirate since a majority of piracy is due to pricing

Creating a new form of piracy protection is very difficult and may take extra time and resources Lukasz either doesn't have or would cost more resources the he is getting back, plus if someone wants to pirate they will just find another way around it

If there is a simple and effective way to prevent piracy I say 100% go for it, but by seeing how big studios with millions of more money can't stop it I don't expect Lukasz to be able to, but I do hope he does if he can

1 hour ago, HaSa said:

I'm unsure if that is viable, I have done much research into piracy and why people pirate and I must say if someone wants to pirate they will pirate and nothing will stop them, even if no piracy existed they just wouldn't buy the game

think of all the £60 games that cost millions to make, they get pirated more often but still make there money back, Lukasz spent much less on his game so he will definitely make a big profit, plus his game is cheaper then a triple A game so less people will pirate since a majority of piracy is due to pricing

Creating a new form of piracy protection is very difficult and may take extra time and resources Lukasz either doesn't have or would cost more resources the he is getting back, plus if someone wants to pirate they will just find another way around it

If there is a simple and effective way to prevent piracy I say 100% go for it, but by seeing how big studios with millions of more money can't stop it I don't expect Lukasz to be able to, but I do hope he does if he can

HE COULD LITERALLY SELL THIS SOFTWARE/IDEA TO TRIPLE A COMPANIES, EVEN IF AOH3 FLOPS HE WOULD STILL PROFIT IF MY IDEA WORKS 💀

because of the nature of AoC's fanbase, piracy is going to be rampant no matter what you do to try and prevent it. 

It can also be noted that piracy is free advertising for the game, and some who pirate it just to try it might eventually buy it if they like it.

As well, it's not like Lukasz is particularly hurting for funds... seeing how much AoC2 made, if AoC3 is as good as it seems, he'll be fine.