Age of History 3
audrikney

1860 scenario

I made this scenario back in June using the Age of Imperialism map and made some of the civs myself.

It isnt 100% accaurate since I skipped some civs on purpose, those like Indian kingdoms, some African tribes/monarchies, small British colony, etc.

I made the color pallets myself too

image.png.caf68737b6966a6063ac82e2eb40da31.png    South America

Peru-Ecuatorian border is a bit wonky due to the ongoing war + Ecuatorian civil war. Bolivia has twice the size than it has now, Paraguay is bigger too. Chile and Argentine Confederation are split in half due to the Mapuches occupying Patagonia. The Argentine Confederation is at an ongoing civil war too with Buenos Aires. Colombian (Grenadine) civil war is imminent while not yet added to the map, Venezuela is in another civil war too.

image.png.608b3a00dc0a0e82d9633ed8ff4365f0.pngCentral America

Mexico is going through not one, but two wars, Reform and Caste wars. Central America still has a bit of colonial influence left over, British Belize and Miskito, + the Caribbean islands. And Spain with Cuba, Puerto Rico and soon, Dominican Republic.

image.png.ba244227c9ac91721086e6428d8940d1.png

United States

The United States, while it may seem full on some maps, its still hollow in the Mid-west due to the tribes left. Next year wont really be a good one for the U.S.

image.thumb.png.ee1b328bc88a27ceed84da14e3f271db.png

Canada

Canada wasnt one much of its history, Hudson Bay and (Province of) Canada would be the main colonies in my opinion.

Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia arent shown due to British Arctic Territories.

Nothing much really happens in Canada in the 1860s, other than the confederation of Canada coming soon.

image.png.0760752763048af9879f0d029b24bfe9.png

Europe

While called the "Peaceful Continent", Europe hasnt been such in this century overall. Austria started its losing streak with Sardinia and gave up Milan and Tuscany. Two countries started the process of unification of their people's regions; Sardinia and Prussia. Prussia and Austria got into tensions over who is the real German power, and will soon get into a war in 1866. Ever since the Crimean war, Russia started dealing less with European conflicts and focused on its war with Circassia and Qing. France, now being an empire, would prepare its invasion of Mexico of the next year. 

Let me know if you see anythings wrong in the images or descriptions, will post Africa and Asia tomorrow.

If you have a question or suggestion, also let me know.

Western Africa

image.png.cbe7ea0f3f0158b7068a00c11972772c.png

Most western African nations like Waddai, Bornu, Sokoto remained untouched unlike those in the coast. I admit that the color palletes in Africa arent really that  good since i didnt put much care into them. Notice how the Ottoman colonies are going to stop being Turk in the next few decades? France has more colonial presence in Africa than it has on America and Asia at this time. Spain has a bigger E.G than it has now. 

image.png.e7d7273653c7837de2e01060ce8a7e7e.pngHorn of Africa

Egypt has had influence in the Ethiopian nations ever since the 1830s. Somalia still has its own nations independent. Overall I dont believe there is much to talk about here.

Central Africaimage.png.885569bf092fa1d293c19e308cdbd0ec.png

The kingdoms of modern day Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, and Uganda havent changed much ever since Zanzibar's independence from Oman. This is the antepenultimate decade before the Congo got ruined.

image.png.c7692ae724239b8dcd4b26eb163b529b.png

Southern Africa

You may have heard of S.A.R, you may have heard of orange, you heard about the Zulus. But did you hear about (Le)Sotho and Griqualand West?  Griqualand East is a British colony as far as I remember.

image.png.cb36d0dd6a8e3eeded9e9d4e7529ff17.png

Middle East

The Ottoman Empire may have a bit of influence in Europe, but in the Middle East? Its better but not that much since the 17th century. The UK started to have more influence in Yemen and the Tribal States (not shown). The Qajar dynasty has been declining and its territory looks nearly identical to Iran. You might think Qajar owns Bahrain and Qatar, but its an coincidence that their colors look the same. Bahrain owns Qatar at this time too.

Central Asia and Indiaimage.png.12efaef757c5a43c390916936b13b4c8.png

For India, I gave more importance to the agencies (those like Rajputana) over the small kingdoms forming it. Due to there being a lot of small kingdoms near the Afghani panhandle region, I gave them all to Afghanistan. image.png.b5813e3f12caedb379d380a6b4d68c19.png

Southeast Asia

China is currently going through two separate wars, its Second Opium war and the Taiping rebellion. Siam has influence on the Laotian kingdoms. Japan is still ruled by shoguns and is mostly remote to Europe.

image.png.73b3bcac11279b3e6cb7f6f2b7c9660f.png

Indonesia

The Dutch are currently in the process of removing every kingdom on the islands conforming Indonesia. Spain is the ruler of Philippines, while the U.K started its Malaysian settlements. The Ottomans also oddly enough have a protectorate on Aceh.

image.thumb.png.034e8d7965157ed8c4b3983db09b0b08.png

image.png.58f0d0042308c27a2cd94986126e06d9.png

Oceania

Like Canada, each Australian colony has its own color pallete all based on red. On the small islands in the pacific, there are small kingdoms you may have never heard of, except maybe Tonga and Hawaii.

Unlike Canada though, you probably wont reach to see Australia as one.

If you feel like anything is missing, wrong, or need to be clarified let me know.

Edited by audrikney