Age of History 3
MisterT

The Reality About Age of History 3

Great post, I agree with a lot of what you said. AOH3 is already shaping up to be massive game - bigger than what should be expected of a single developer. There's a lot of "yeah cool but what if" ideas floating around that don't seem to acknowledge of the magnitude of AOH3 so far.

Good points. I think that poor AI will be the main problem of the game that Lukasz should pay a lot of attention to solve it. 
For example, Lukasz may reduce the radius of declaring wars for AI or make it possible for them to only take the closest provinces to the main territory so that there are no esclaves.

In any case, the most important thing now is to focus on the number of different mechanics like "send volunteers", etc. And on the AI so that it actually does interesting things

4 minutes ago, S_Kirov said:

Good points. I think that poor AI will be the main problem of the game that Lukasz should pay a lot of attention to solve it. 
For example, Lukasz may reduce the radius of declaring wars for AI or make it possible for them to only take the closest provinces to the main territory so that there are no esclaves.

In any case, the most important thing now is to focus on the number of different mechanics like "send volunteers", etc. And on the AI so that it actually does interesting things

the game is STILL IN ALPHA, NOT EVEN BETA, NOT EVEN RELEASED YET TECHNICALLY, THE GAME IS STILL RAW LITERALLY

2 hours ago, Unity said:

Just like aoc2 was left

Aoc2 had alot of reasons for being abandoned, for one the code was terrible (something AOH3 has fixed), secondly the piracy had made the game make too little profits (something lukasz said he will work on), so the game is unlikely to suffer the same fate as aoc2 for multiple reasons, lukasz clearly put alot of effort into it, way more than he did with aoc2, also the game has a bigger community, lastly lukasz (like any human being) probably needs the money lol

52 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

Aoc2 had alot of reasons for being abandoned, for one the code was terrible (something AOH3 has fixed), secondly the piracy had made the game make too little profits (something lukasz said he will work on), so the game is unlikely to suffer the same fate as aoc2 for multiple reasons, lukasz clearly put alot of effort into it, way more than he did with aoc2, also the game has a bigger community, lastly lukasz (like any human being) probably needs the money lol

I still Don't trust that he'll just go silent for 3 to 4 years again after 

3 minutes ago, Unity said:

I still Don't trust that he'll just go silent for 3 to 4 years again after 

he can't do that, he's already gone all in with AOH3, lukasz is smart enough to know that would be a career suicide

As member since AOH 1 days, all I can say is don't expect nothing no future updates after release not finished product just do not cope, from the looks of it aoh3 will have tons of issues, I didn't even saw formable nations... Big downsizing for me but it is what it is just enjoy what you have...

6 hours ago, eNeXPii said:

As member since AOH 1 days, all I can say is don't expect nothing no future updates after release not finished product just do not cope, from the looks of it aoh3 will have tons of issues, I didn't even saw formable nations... Big downsizing for me but it is what it is just enjoy what you have...

It might seem crazy what I'm about to say

8 hours ago, eNeXPii said:

Bro who say there is no formable nations ? Lukasz never said it, and there is even a video about it.

2 hours ago, Guguge said:

It might seem crazy what I'm about to say

this aged well, like 6 hours

Guys i love AOH2 even with the tons of issues it has, I just wished before Lukasz did more thats why I'm not coping... Still love the game, and as I said i didn't saw, not Lukasz didn't show but i summon him to release a video atleast 😄 

On 9/16/2024 at 1:05 PM, OwnM3Z0 said:

honestly I highly doubt piracy had much effect on AoC2. AoC2 didn't "make too little profits" either.

image.png.906c84b55181b4f2ab4af9b66536f4fd.png

These are estimates for just the amount of people who own the game on PC. This alone would be $1.5 mil to $4 million in revenue. Now, while steam takes a cut and taxes and all that are not factored in, that is a significant amount of money. Then you have to remember, PC isn't even the main market for AoC2! It's possible Lukasz earned millions more from mobile sales. Or, to answer it more directly: how do you think he was able to live for these last few years while he went dark if AoC2 wasn't profitable? haha

On 9/16/2024 at 2:02 PM, OwnM3Z0 said:

he can't do that, he's already gone all in with AOH3, lukasz is smart enough to know that would be a career suicide

Well, the same thing was said about AoC2. As we can see from how the fanbase came back after those 5 years of dark.... yeah, it wouldn't be haha

12 minutes ago, Shiite said:

honestly I highly doubt piracy had much effect on AoC2. AoC2 didn't "make too little profits" either.

image.png.906c84b55181b4f2ab4af9b66536f4fd.png

These are estimates for just the amount of people who own the game on PC. This alone would be $1.5 mil to $4 million in revenue. Now, while steam takes a cut and taxes and all that are not factored in, that is a significant amount of money. Then you have to remember, PC isn't even the main market for AoC2! It's possible Lukasz earned millions more from mobile sales. Or, to answer it more directly: how do you think he was able to live for these last few years while he went dark if AoC2 wasn't profitable? haha

lets be real here, NOBODY buys AOH2 on phone, everyone pirated it, like let's just be honest with ourselves for a minute, like 80% of the phone players pirated the game

4 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

lets be real here, NOBODY buys AOH2 on phone, everyone pirated it, like let's just be honest with ourselves for a minute, like 80% of the phone players pirated the game

I feel you overestimate that, but even then... verifiably

image.png.87d2c4a7b579cb9933f4ea3e28d04995.png

AoC2 has over 100,000 paid downloads on Android. $500,000, just from that. 
AoC2 was definitely profitable, haha

18 minutes ago, Shiite said:

I feel you overestimate that, but even then... verifiably

image.png.87d2c4a7b579cb9933f4ea3e28d04995.png

AoC2 has over 100,000 paid downloads on Android. $500,000, just from that. 
AoC2 was definitely profitable, haha

it also counts people who pirated the game (i think) since (and i regret doing this) when i pirated the game way back when it showed that i had installed it on the appstore

19 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

it also counts people who pirated the game (i think) since (and i regret doing this) when i pirated the game way back when it showed that i had installed it on the appstore

Am 20% I had to wait a month to download aoh2 cause my bank thought I was committing money laundring

On 9/17/2024 at 3:02 AM, OwnM3Z0 said:

He could come back with another banger. Like a series or a book. Presenting, AOH4.