Age of History 3
Solu

My idea to reduce Bordergore

We all know the infamous AI bordergore treaties. Not only do they look nasty but they are also unrealistic; there's a reason borders are clean for the most part. For this, I have 2 solutions that can work in tandem with one another. 

1. The AI would make treaties based on regions and not random individual provinces, especially if they are historic or are advantageous geographically. This will be explained with screenshots.

2. They would strictly prioritise old cored provinces.

I think it would take some time (maybe adding this suggestion as a type of treaty/event that is automatic to curtain country's AI for specific territories/regions) but I think that it could be done with the community's help for most nations. It can also be apart of their focus tree.

Example:

As you can see, France and Poland start out with less territory than their real-life counterparts

Screenshot2024-09-15200627.thumb.png.cfae40c3a3393c7e56d05c7d5252a8bc.png

France and Poland then make an alliance to gain back lost territory and declare war on the rest of the countries. The war ends in a Franco-Polish victory. Buuut, here comes the bordergore.

Screenshot2024-09-15201007.png.b4463274eeef3257917e1ac39bc6f4d7.png

This is the typical AI treaty. The borders make no sense since it's hell irl to secure these types of irregular borders and there's no historical context to them. My suggestion would help with this with the use of historical lands and rivers.

From that, it becomes this:

Screenshot2024-09-15201209.png.2ff0717370da894d228f78708ec06aec.png

Instead of creating a nonsensical enclave in Crimea, Poland prioritises and takes its pre-Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact borders (ik it's not perfect, I made this in a hurry) which includes historic eastern Poland, taking previously Polish cities such as Lviv and Vilno.

France not only takes back Alsace-Lorraine and Wallonia (historically French-speaking lands) but France also decides to be practical in light of a potential Benelux (now Netherlands) and German continuation war and therefore, takes all territory west of the Rhine since it would give much better defence than open ground (hopefully this mechanic can also be added).

I hope Lukasz sees this, been thinking about posting it for a while. Hope you guys liked it :). Note if someone else had a similar post.

I Also suggest this idea of land routes, the idea is that (similar to the ocean routes we see with ships but different kinda) there will be land routes that will be the roads your troops move through, these land routes connect cities and usually avoid mountain ranges (atleast until 1939), AI will take in the accesebility of their desired provinces via whether or not they're close or going through the land routes, this pretty much stops land corridors and makes the AI consider the terrain since the roads can only go on certain flatter terrain types (unless you upgrade tech to make them adapt to new terrain types), you can also make more terrain roads to get better peace treaties, it increases stability too 

@Łukasz Jakowski thoughts bleaze