Age of History 3
PiePants

Victory Conditions in Age of History 3?

Question

With less than a month to go, I'm sure we are all very excited to play AOH3. One thing that I have been thinking about though, is whether games will be 'winnable', as opposed to 'playing until you get bored'. For example:

1. Be the first city state to form a major civilisation.
2. Be the first civilisation to control more than 75% of a resource (e.g., grain)
3. Conquer more than 50% of all known land
4. Have more than 20 wonders in your empire
5. Be the first civilisation to conquer Byzantium.

My concern is that without win conditions, the game might lack direction, and therefore replay value. The examples of win conditions above just rough ideas, but I'd love to have multiple ways to 'win' games in the same way you see with other 4X games.

How do you feel about this? Let me know below whether you'd like to concrete and goals for games like these.

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, eNeXPii said:

Victory Condition is always world conquest...

As a long-term goal, sure. But shouldn’t there be other goals for a more short-term, competitive gameplay?