Age of History 3
OwnM3Z0

Make civilizations explode if they lose starting provinces

this is really simple and makes alot of sense if you think about it, it'll prevent situations like in aoh2 where hungary was in anatolia for some reason and turkey was in syria, it also makes alot of sense if you think about it since the provinces outside the starting ones all have foreign cores, so it really makes a ton of sense and is super realistic

4 minutes ago, YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan said:

Would be terrible for people who will try to make events until modern day in a scenario where great old bulgaria exists as you know Volga Bulgaria and 1st Bulgarian empire formed after that not owning any of great old bulgaria land

I agree with both the author of the topic and you.

If we reformulate that this situation should be a consequence of the loss of the capital and N% of national provinces, then everything falls into place.

4 minutes ago, YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan said:

Would be terrible for people who will try to make events until modern day in a scenario where great old bulgaria exists as you know Volga Bulgaria and 1st Bulgarian empire formed after that not owning any of great old bulgaria land

maybe it could be togglable, also those two are completely different civs in the game file AND there is no way anyone can make the bulgarian migration in game

1 minute ago, Matvey said:

I agree with both the author of the topic and you.

If we reformulate that this situation should be a consequence of the loss of the capital and N% of national provinces, then everything falls into place.

then you'll enjoy seeing Hungary chilling in anatolia and the caucuses because one obscure historical scenario can't happen in game, the issue provided is so minimal and illogical that cancelling the entire idea because of it makes no sense

5 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

maybe it could be togglable, also those two are completely different civs in the game file AND there is no way anyone can make the bulgarian migration in game

Atleast remove their land and form a different nation and give new lands thats the best way to recreate it the original is gone but there are two others that spawned prom it

2 minutes ago, YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan said:

Atleast remove their land and form a different nation and give new lands thats the best way to recreate it the original is gone but there are two others that spawned prom it

then that's a different civilization with different starting provinces, really simple, also that can't be done in the base scenaro's, so cancelling the idea for that would be like me cancelling rebellions as an idea because they ruin my historical AI mod that im planning to do, makes no sense 

46 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

then you'll enjoy seeing Hungary chilling in anatolia and the caucuses because one obscure historical scenario can't happen in game, the issue provided is so minimal and illogical that cancelling the entire idea because of it makes no sense

In my comment, I proposed a solution that would add the ability to “move” around events and at the same time solve most of the problems with the absurdity that you outlined.

Again: no N% national provinces and no original capital? - you're falling apart.

1 minute ago, Matvey said:

In my comment, I proposed a solution that would add the ability to “move” around events and at the same time solve most of the problems with the absurdity that you outlined.

Again: no N% national provinces and no original capital? - you're falling apart.

the game doesn't have national provinces really, the closest thing to that is the starting base provinces, if it had national provinces civs like the ottomans would collapse if they lost anatolia

4 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

the game doesn't have national provinces really, the closest thing to that is the starting base provinces, if it had national provinces civs like the ottomans would collapse if they lost anatolia

No national provinces? What about "Core"?

If this mechanic allows you to somehow designate the original provinces and those that have been in the country for a very long time, then your idea can work. And at the same time, event lovers will be pleased.

Edited by Matvey

Just now, Matvey said:

No national provinces? What about "Core"?

a european kingdom could have a core on african territory, doesn't mean it can keep it if it loses it's homeland, my feature refers ONLY to the starting cored provinces of the civilization, example: castile losing it's starting provinces in iberia means it will collapse (unlike what we saw in the timelapse)

52 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

then that's a different civilization with different starting provinces, really simple, also that can't be done in the base scenaro's, so cancelling the idea for that would be like me cancelling rebellions as an idea because they ruin my historical AI mod that im planning to do, makes no sense 

not a starting civ but a civ that has lost all of its original territory due to events and gained territory that they did not own because of said events

1 minute ago, YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan said:

not a starting civ but a civ that has lost all of its original territory due to events and gained territory that they did not own because of said events

that doesn't happen in the vanilla game, your issue with the feature is that it doesn't make sense into the context of a foreign event you want to add, that doesn't make sense

idea: maybe if the initial territory is lost a crisis will occur, decreasing the economy/development/stability

Edited by Joaoj