Age of History 3
OwnM3Z0

give massive colonial decree debuffs to civilizations based on their coastline

in the AOH3 1440 timelapse uploaded recently, we saw hungary colonize sub saharan africa with zero issues which didn't make much sense and caused alot of bordergore (since hungary barely has any coastlines in the Mediterranean letalone none in the atlantic) so i suggest a solution that will easily solve this for all civilizations permanently, it is that colonial decree research is slowed by nearly 80% for civilizations that don't have coastlines in the atlantic sea, this debuff would include coasts to the baltic sea, Mediterranean sea, black sea, and pacific ocean (since there isn't anything to colonize there so this is a preventative measure for bordergore), also i think provinces should be more expensive to colonize and maintain based on

1- how far they are

2- which sea's your coast is in (the paragraph above)

3- and lastly their terrain

@Łukasz Jakowski what do you think? this is an easy fix that will make colonization very realistic and solve a big issue

Yes, I thought about that too. Colonization by small nations from inland seas is quite possible, but basically the initiative should really be for large countries with access to the ocean, near uncolonized territories, etc.

I agree with what you said. Slowing down colonization for those without access to the Atlantic sounds great to avoid that bordergore. And making provinces more expensive based on distance and the sea is a good move; it would add more depth to the game. I didn't think much about it; I didn't even notice it. Good thing you have a great eye and come up with amazing ideas, my friend. Love you! 😜