Age of History 3
Noobs Dudes

Ideas for Nukes

Some pretty simple ideas i have for nukes in the game

1. Impacting Relations

Starting off, when nukes are a relatively new technology, nuking countries shouldn't impact how the rest of the world views you. But, as time goes on, (let's say around the cold war) when you nuke a country, i think it should affect your relations with non-allied countries. And the more you do it, more ai will consider you a threat/enemy, and you'll have higher chances of causing a coalition. This should be something you can disable/enable in the pre-game menu.

2. Sending Nukes

When you first gain nukes, you should need a special unit to be able to send nukes, rather than instantly send them to where you want. Starting off, it could be planes, then it could evolve into ICBMS. Also, anti-nuke tech should be in the game as well.

3. Consequences

If you use nukes too often, i think a special "disease" could spawn, which is nuclear radiation/fallout. Instead of being temporary like all other diseases, (only a few months) It should last years to decades, and cause higher risk of cancer. Irradiated provinces could receive a "Radiation" debuff, with the severity making the debuff stronger.

4. Cooldowns/Nerfs

I saw the 1000 year timelapse video and saw how the AI would spam nukes, i think it could be solvable by either having some kind of cooldown, making the AI less likely to use nukes, or adding proper anti-nuke tech.

Pretty much all i've got for now