Age of History 3
OwnM3Z0

Historalis Maximus: A Historical AI mod for AOH3

Just now, YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan said:

nice! (yay I got tagged!)

i spent 5 minutes trying to tag you because i didn't realize you had misspelled average in your username 💀

45 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

Last year i made a post on my old account @dodoaltac about a historical AI mod that i wanted to do using events and missions, well today im proud to announce that IT'S IN THE WORKS

Originally the mod was gonna start in the year 1200 AD, but since that's not an available start date in the current scenario's, the mod will likely start off from 1070 or the 1300's scenario, but the most probable path is the 1300's scenario with an extension that starts at 1070 once everything is done

Here's the phases that the mod will likely go through 

1300's start date to 1440 AD - this will be the first phase of the mod, in which i'll start messing around with all the new event outcomes and missions and learn better how to manipulate them, i will also be very careful so that the map in 1440 will 100% match with the actual 1440 scenario with no differences (i'll even have to keep in some historical inaccuracies lol) 

1440 - 1491 AD - this part will mostly just involve minor historical changes and will be kinda boring, but i have to do it since i can't just leap over it lol

Anything after this date is highly theoretical because i still really need to read on the complex family wars and dynamics like the habsburgs, and european politics were really ugly at the time, so i won't get too ahead of myself for now, but if i can its 100% coming

The mod will have

-Historical generals

-historical monarchs for some civilizations (muscovy, iberian crowns, england, france, ottomans, hungary, mamluks, timurids, delhi and more, minor civs won't get any of that unless they're like austria where they become relevant later, even then i won't add any historical monarchs for austria until i get to the part where they're actually important)

-Historical wars and borders

The mod will likely have a few playable civilizations at the start that i still haven't decided, but many of them will be in europe and the muslim world, I'll later on make more civilizations playable 

you might be asking, HOW WILL I DO THIS?!

well the answer is very simple, using events, missions (for if the player is the one leading the nation) and other built in functions like the Explode command, I think i can be able to do it, i will almost exclusively depend on these event outcomes, so if any of the ones im about to list are missing lmk so i can reevaluate the project

1- transfer territory event outcome

2- declare war event outcome

3- remove and add core event outcomes

4- explode event outcome

5-other popup events and bonuses for stuff like plagues, historical disasters etc

@Łukasz Jakowski are any of these missing from the game?

this mod is a shared project and will likely be a part of @xox's aoh3 megamod project

i think we need the add core- remove core event outcomes added to aoh3, they seem to be missing from the event outcomes topic in game editors category

15 minutes ago, Outlawexperience said:

i think we need the add core- remove core event outcomes added to aoh3, they seem to be missing from the event outcomes topic in game editors category

yeah Im REALLY concerned about that one not being there, if it's not there i might have to scrap the whole project until it's added for obvious reasons

11 minutes ago, YouravaragebrazilianAoCfan said:

its in AoH2 atleast but if it aint added using cores as claims would be messed up

yeah i need it in AOH3 ASAP, im not having the timurids as a releasable in the 21st century

45 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

yeah Im REALLY concerned about that one not being there, if it's not there i might have to scrap the whole project until it's added for obvious reasons

Im planning to add a topic in ideas for aoh3 which is mainly about event modding possibilities (event triggers, outcomes....)

Hopefully they get added before release

3 hours ago, HaSa said:

this sounds like it's going to be very difficult and time consuming, but the outcome will be amazing, if you think you can complete it I say go for it (Thanks for the tag)

i underestimated how easy it will be with the new text files, as soon as i get around to figuring out how they work i think i can make like 20 events per day, meaning around 30-100 years worth of history for each civ depending on how relevant it is historically, the hard part will come in making it playable, the most likely thing is that i will have only 4 playable civs and increase them as i add more events and more civs pop up, i also REALLY hope there's a way to switch civilizations using events so i can give players options like playing as the US after the american revoloution 

6 hours ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

Last year i made a post on my old account @dodoaltac about a historical AI mod that i wanted to do using events and missions, well today im proud to announce that IT'S IN THE WORKS

Originally the mod was gonna start in the year 1200 AD, but since that's not an available start date in the current scenario's, the mod will likely start off from 1070 or the 1300's scenario, but the most probable path is the 1300's scenario with an extension that starts at 1070 once everything is done

Here's the phases that the mod will likely go through 

1300's start date to 1440 AD - this will be the first phase of the mod, in which i'll start messing around with all the new event outcomes and missions and learn better how to manipulate them, i will also be very careful so that the map in 1440 will 100% match with the actual 1440 scenario with no differences (i'll even have to keep in some historical inaccuracies lol) 

1440 - 1491 AD - this part will mostly just involve minor historical changes and will be kinda boring, but i have to do it since i can't just leap over it lol

Anything after this date is highly theoretical because i still really need to read on the complex family wars and dynamics like the habsburgs, and european politics were really ugly at the time, so i won't get too ahead of myself for now, but if i can its 100% coming

The mod will have

-Historical generals

-historical monarchs for some civilizations (muscovy, iberian crowns, england, france, ottomans, hungary, mamluks, timurids, delhi and more, minor civs won't get any of that unless they're like austria where they become relevant later, even then i won't add any historical monarchs for austria until i get to the part where they're actually important)

-Historical wars and borders

The mod will likely have a few playable civilizations at the start that i still haven't decided, but many of them will be in europe and the muslim world, I'll later on make more civilizations playable 

you might be asking, HOW WILL I DO THIS?!

well the answer is very simple, using events, missions (for if the player is the one leading the nation) and other built in functions like the Explode command, I think i can be able to do it, i will almost exclusively depend on these event outcomes, so if any of the ones im about to list are missing lmk so i can reevaluate the project

1- transfer territory event outcome

2- declare war event outcome

3- remove and add core event outcomes

4- explode event outcome

5-other popup events and bonuses for stuff like plagues, historical disasters etc

@Łukasz Jakowski are any of these missing from the game?

this mod is a shared project and will likely be a part of @xox's aoh3 megamod project

Wow, historical events will be very interesting. I recommend you to watch this video. It will make your work much easier. (World History: Every year) on youtube. I can search with you and send you more accurate maps. I can search the Islamic world and you are in the European world. My name on Instagram or Discord is arwd5416

4 hours ago, ARWD said:

Wow, historical events will be very interesting. I recommend you to watch this video. It will make your work much easier. (World History: Every year) on youtube. I can search with you and send you more accurate maps. I can search the Islamic world and you are in the European world. My name on Instagram or Discord is arwd5416

Join this discord Server that we r all in: https://discord.gg/uM2PM5DX