Age of History 3
Łukasz Jakowski

Map Editor - Map from Scratch

Can you remove cities? Im making a fantasy map from scratch and i removed the  provinces but all the old cities still remain. How do i remove them.

I have some problem understanding the editor video.

Edit: Okej, i moved the cities files to a new folder so that worked but how can i create new cities later and how do i make my new map able in the game? do i just put them in a "name of world" map inside the map folders or?

Edited by Eldrac

Adding provinces from Update Province Data doesn't add the provinces, just says ERROR. Example province from the editor program attached

EDIT: the provinces show up fine on the editor program though

EDIT2: I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, still same problem

EDIT3: Managed to get it to work in a roundabout way:

Step 1: Load up a different map, and exit the game with that.

Step 2: Change the NumberOfProvinces value to however many provinces you will have after adding the new ones (remember, provinces start at zero so the NumberOfProvinces = biggest ID number + 1)

Step 3: Make sure the files are all available in the template\update folder, numbered with their province ID

Step 4: Launch the game, head into map editor and load the map you're trying to edit. It should say something along the lines of "Generating province data" and the provinces will appear on the map.

Edited by Asmo

4 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Just put it in each cities file

{
	cities:
	[
		{
			Name: "FIRST",
			x: 0,
			y: 0,
		},
	],

name: Earth
}

Ahhh now that helps =).

But i still have some problem adding provinces in my new map. I seems to have a problem doing it.