Age of History 3
Brunoo1103

Colonization should be more realistic

Mainly any country with high enough technology can colonize, but they also need the money to do it. It kind of narrows it down to countries with high technology and a big amount of money, which is usually the bigger and more power countries. I do see countries like South Korea colonizing places though, which is odd. But I am not sure how you would balance it out so smaller places do not colonize. Maybe growth rate? Maybe province amount? It would have to feel natural and not artificial like "You need x provinces to colonize".

I guess religion and navy (if added) could play a key role on colonization. For example, you would need x ship that is super expensive to colonize. And in religion, i think that should exist more chances of an christian/protestant power colonizing the americas than a muslim or other powers. But we would still see muslims colonizing Africa and other religions colonizing the pacific islands. Also I think that should exist a independence process after some time of having a colony.

A perfect example of how colonization could improve is maybe with Victoria 2, they compete for a land and if there is no competitors, you get it automatically.

On 12/28/2018 at 9:04 AM, Shiite said:

I don't think AoC2 is meant to be THAT realistic

AoC2's goal is to be THE best strategy game. But yeah, it's not going to be part of the game that easy and would probably be part of a mod.

13 hours ago, Pierrot69stf said:

AoC2's goal is to be THE best strategy game. But yeah, it's not going to be part of the game that easy and would probably be part of a mod.

Since when? Lukasz was just trying to make a game, that was it.